Sign in to follow this  
Franchero MVP

GAMETHREAD: Minnesota Timberwolves @ Orlando Magic

If you missed the game tonight, you missed a great game. Looks like we climbed a rung on the ladder towards greatness. This looked as if it was a step in Magic history. We had 21 turnovers which were mostly off of offensive fouls and travels. Our offensive production tonight compared to two night ago masked the negatives on offense.

Elfrid Payton started off in the first half but came up huge down the wire. He contributed on two gritty grimy drives to the rim. He also outmatched Mo Williams who it would be a disgrace to lose to.

Vucevic was battling Gregor Clagane aka Nikola Pekovic all game who has 50 pounds on him (Vucevic is 240). They pretty much canceled one another out. Vuc made a great defensive play to deny Pekovic in overtime almost bending himself to push the guy out.

Most of all the bench is what won the game. Moe Harkless was connecting or making plays throughout the game. Didn't force anything and looked smooth throughout and looked completely confidence in knowing himself and his game.

Fournier played well throughout the game. He didn't make any of those questionable plays where he tried to do too much or toe stubbing turnovers. He made great decisions tonight.

But most of all, this game goes to Aaron Gordon. His offensive contribution was superb but his defensive contribution was off the charts. Being capable of standing straight up to contest shots and being able to block/alter shots while doing so complement his defensive ability so well. He was the sole reason the Magic won in overtime. Nobody on Minny's squad could shoot over his length. I have admit, I ignored the importance of length. The rest of the NBA has a rude awakening when he becomes a season vet.

Aaron Gordon was confident when taking the ball up court by himself. Gordon even looked like he knew what he wanted to do. He didn't look out of control. Already...in 5 games and a couple of preseason games? Hennigan might just be Twisted Fate. The master of cards.

The pressure has significantly dropped for Jacque Vaughn with just one game (for me maybe).

Need to see more from Vaughn. Sample size.

The last 10 minutes were what we all thought this team could be and more. Need to see this more often

Need to see more from Vaughn. Sample size.

The last 10 minutes were what we all thought this team could be and more. Need to see this more often

Hey. Marcus Smart just got injured and was carted off today. That could have been us!

Jacque Vaughn's subs were on point today. Everything I doubted was actually successful. Especially the marble sub at the end of the game. Its amazing how when your players perform, it places a positive perception on how the coach performs but I agree. We need much more consistency.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2014/11/07/celtics-smart-left-leg-carted-off-court-on-stretcher/?ls=iref:nbahpts

Damn!! I couldn't get a clean stream going, spewing I missed this. But thank you to all the information on the game. Early days, but Henny keeps pulling these unlikely moves. Fournier for Afflalo looks like it might be heading towards a win. and A. Gordon.... how many of us were gobsmacked on draft day, I think none of us had expectations on him providing much at all this season (maybe not even next), but he has played well above all expectations in this early part of his first season. He is such a unique player. Small sample size, but it is the way he carries himself on the court and the ambition and energy he plays with that is so exciting.

We were shooting the 1st day of the Scorpio 3 day festival and missed the game. Thank you all for your comments, sounds like it was a great game and our guys are coming together at a better pace than should be expected. From the stat sheet it looks like the only one that had a bad game was Ben Gordon and he didn't get a lot of minutes. 2 in row guys! :D

If you missed the game tonight, you missed a great game. Looks like we climbed a rung on the ladder towards greatness. This looked as if it was a step in Magic history. We had 21 turnovers which were mostly off of offensive fouls and travels. Our offensive production tonight compared to two night ago masked the negatives on offense.

Elfrid Payton started off in the first half but came up huge down the wire. He contributed on two gritty grimy drives to the rim. He also outmatched Mo Williams who it would be a disgrace to lose to.

Vucevic was battling Gregor Clagane aka Nikola Pekovic all game who has 50 pounds on him (Vucevic is 240). They pretty much canceled one another out. Vuc made a great defensive play to deny Pekovic in overtime almost bending himself to push the guy out.

Most of all the bench is what won the game. Moe Harkless was connecting or making plays throughout the game. Didn't force anything and looked smooth throughout and looked completely confidence in knowing himself and his game.

Fournier played well throughout the game. He didn't make any of those questionable plays where he tried to do too much or toe stubbing turnovers. He made great decisions tonight.

But most of all, this game goes to Aaron Gordon. His offensive contribution was superb but his defensive contribution was off the charts. Being capable of standing straight up to contest shots and being able to block/alter shots while doing so complement his defensive ability so well. He was the sole reason the Magic won in overtime. Nobody on Minny's squad could shoot over his length. I have admit, I ignored the importance of length. The rest of the NBA has a rude awakening when he becomes a season vet.

Aaron Gordon was confident when taking the ball up court by himself. Gordon even looked like he knew what he wanted to do. He didn't look out of control. Already...in 5 games and a couple of preseason games? Hennigan might just be Twisted Fate. The master of cards.

The pressure has significantly dropped for Jacque Vaughn with just one game (for me maybe).

You seemed to have forgotten Harris, who had a fantastic game, too.

Damn!! I couldn't get a clean stream going, spewing I missed this. But thank you to all the information on the game. Early days, but Henny keeps pulling these unlikely moves. Fournier for Afflalo looks like it might be heading towards a win. and A. Gordon.... how many of us were gobsmacked on draft day, I think none of us had expectations on him providing much at all this season (maybe not even next), but he has played well above all expectations in this early part of his first season. He is such a unique player. Small sample size, but it is the way he carries himself on the court and the ambition and energy he plays with that is so exciting.

Gordon was supposed to be a josh mcroberts type guy for a few years with the chance to develop into something more. This game came much earlier than I thought.

You seemed to have forgotten Harris, who had a fantastic game, too.

Harris seemed to threaten a turnover every time he had the ball, but his numbers were surprising. Didn't expect that when I looked at the box score

He's been my favorite player on the team for a while and I hope we keep him around