Sign in to follow this  
Dan Savage

Gamethread: Magic at Bulls

We're 100% missing the playoffs unless something drastic happens. There guys need more time to gel together... but has two seasons been enough?

I'm convinced Fournier, Payton, Gordon, Vuc, and Oladipo are more and more becoming our core. I think Harkless (and even Harris) are odd men out. I think O'Quinn stays though.

It's dumb because Harkless has so much potential and allegedly made strides. WHY ISN'T HE PLAYING?!

Interesting stat I just noticed:

- we out-rebounded them

- we had less turnovers

- we had similar FG and 3PT numbers

The only real difference:

Magic: 8-14 FT

Bulls: 21-27

We missed more FT's than them and they had DOUBLE our FT attempts.

-____-

He makes good shots and is a pretty good passer. Had a bad spell but has played well the past few games. He was also cheap and wouldn't create a controversy for Elfrid. Who else with talent wants to play back-up to a rookie on a tanking team? Exactly.

Only thing I'll agree with there is that he's cheap. But we threw 5 Mil at Ben Gordon for no particular reason. I'm pretty sure there's a more then a few capable PGs that would have played backup for one-year, 5 Mil. He's a traffic cone on defense too.

I thought we played our best game of the season tonight so far. Sadly.

.....I might be a Masochist for watching these past four games.

When the Magic can't take advantage of teams with missing players, it shows how ineffective our strategy is. If the Magic played like this against a depleted Bulls, imagine how they would have pulverized the Magic at full strength.

Looking at the entire picture, I feel the Magic aren't there yet at 4 games into the season but they should have been prepared for what the league has to offer. Our signings of "so called" veteran players hasn't benefited at all. The Magic only have ONE player out. Is Victor Oladipo's presence that important to the Magic's success?

Jacque Vaughn shouldn't be on the hot seat yet 4 games into the season. I'll give him 20 games then we'll roll out a wheel barrel of coal for him to walk on. The bench of Harkless is the most questionable thing thus far. I believe he's developing Gordon and Payton for this season.

We're going to miss out on the playoffs guys.

Take advantage of them? You do realize how good the Bulls were last year without Rose? With or without Noah and Rose the Bulls ate clearly better than us.I'm not sure it shows an ineffective strategy but more so a lack of chemistry and talent on our part.

4 games in we should be prepared for what the league has to offer? Uuummmm.....

Also the playoffs were never an option for anyone who put their inner fan aside.

Take advantage of them? You do realize how good the Bulls were last year without Rose? With or without Noah and Rose the Bulls ate clearly better than us.I'm not sure it shows an ineffective strategy but more so a lack of chemistry and talent on our part.

4 games in we should be prepared for what the league has to offer? Uuummmm.....

Also the playoffs were never an option for anyone who put their inner fan aside.

I probably need to write essays again to explain my points so I don't get response posts like these.

I probably need to write essays again to explain my points so I don't get response posts like these.

I responded to what was written not whatever you meant it to mean. If I misinterpreted your post forgive me sir.

Care to elaborate?

• Upvote 1

Due to the league pass price/my lack of funds this may be the last Magic game I watch in a while... Hoping for a win but it'll be tough.

there are other sites you can watch them on fella

Yea I know but it's not exactly ethical.

I am glad my ethical position is only directed at the well being of others and not huge corporations, or else I would not get to see a single game!

• Upvote 2