Sign in to follow this  
Dan Savage

Gamethread: Magic at Bulls

Holy smokes am I impressed with Payton. I honestly thought he would be a turnover machine based on the preseason but he has realed it in and other than the one game against WA he doesn't have more than 2 turnovers in a game including tonight so far.

Finally yanked Ridnour. We really couldn't have found a better back-up PG? Guy doesnt belong in the league anymore.

He makes good shots and is a pretty good passer. Had a bad spell but has played well the past few games. He was also cheap and wouldn't create a controversy for Elfrid. Who else with talent wants to play back-up to a rookie on a tanking team? Exactly.

Holy smokes am I impressed with Payton. I honestly thought he would be a turnover machine based on the preseason but he has realed it in and other than the one game against WA he doesn't have more than 2 turnovers in a game including tonight so far.

Doesn't make his FT's, but I love his defensive awareness and he is one of the best passers I've seen in this league at such a young age. He reminds me a lot of a young Jason Kidd. Kidd could never shoot either, though developed a decent 3 after a few years that he could use to stretch the floor.

Could not take advantage of no Rose and no Noah.

Not good.

I will look at the silver lining:

"We are consistent"

Disclaimer: Based on your perception or alcohol consumption.

.....I might be a Masochist for watching these past four games.

When the Magic can't take advantage of teams with missing players, it shows how ineffective our strategy is. If the Magic played like this against a depleted Bulls, imagine how they would have pulverized the Magic at full strength.

Looking at the entire picture, I feel the Magic aren't there yet at 4 games into the season but they should have been prepared for what the league has to offer. Our signings of "so called" veteran players hasn't benefited at all. The Magic only have ONE player out. Is Victor Oladipo's presence that important to the Magic's success?

Jacque Vaughn shouldn't be on the hot seat yet 4 games into the season. I'll give him 20 games then we'll roll out a wheel barrel of coal for him to walk on. The bench of Harkless is the most questionable thing thus far. I believe he's developing Gordon and Payton for this season.

We're going to miss out on the playoffs guys.