Years of Tragic and Magic

Jacque Vaughn Thread

42 members have voted

1. 1. Will Jacque Vaughn be fired this year?

• No, he is under contract.
    • No, he is a good coach.
    • No, he needs more players.
    • No, the Magic have always been loyal to a fault.
    • Yes, he will be the fall guy for our failures.
    • Yes, its a shame because he was a good coach.
    • Yes, he is a horrible coach.

The last game that Mo played significant minutes was against the Clippers. He had 5 turnovers in 19 minutes. If he expects to get playing time, he has to perform when given the opportunity. I also suspect that his off court conduct is a problem, and doubt if he is still on the roster at the end of the year.

I have not seen harkless play good defense this year. him and Drew really hurt us when they come in the game. No real energy and no positive impact. If Drew could pass, I would say, give him the ball in the post but he is lacking in that area.

The only thing that harkless brings is length and athleticism. I can not point to one thing he does well. I cant wait until Gordon comes back.

I've gotten the impression that the players read the forums attentively. Its seems like once we give up on them, they give up on the team. Nicholson has just gotten worse the more we talk about how awful he is. Hark in limited minutes was doing fine until we realized he was easily replace. The forums contain various opinions but most of them are downright facts (cause we're not all stupid).

I've gotten the impression that the players read the forums attentively. Its seems like once we give up on them, they give up on the team. Nicholson has just gotten worse the more we talk about how awful he is. Hark in limited minutes was doing fine until we realized he was easily replace. The forums contain various opinions but most of them are downright facts (cause we're not all stupid).

Not sure if serious.

~O~ my friend, this has been theory of mine for years, going back to the days of Darko!

However, I find that it is difficult to make the case without being able to provide a clear data point!

More to that point, you must remember that during the time Darko and the gang were here.....there was no Facebook or instagram!

But we were, and still are EXTREMELY active on this site, and even the guy's from the OS trolled constantly!

So I agree, our players may read and possibly respond, but I think with all of the social media available to them, we would be a part of what effects them (positive or negative) on the floor to some degree!

Additionally, in staying on point and within the spirit of the thread......... I wonder of JV or his staff possibly direct the guy's this board for the purpose of generating a response??

Just a thought!

~O~ my friend, this has been theory of mine for years, going back to the days of Darko!

However, I find that it is difficult to make the case without being able to provide a clear data point!

More to that point, you must remember that during the time Darko and the gang were here.....there was no Facebook or instagram!

But we were, and still are EXTREMELY active on this site, and even the guy's from the OS trolled constantly!

So I agree, our players may read and possibly respond, but I think with all of the social media available to them, we would be a part of what effects them (positive or negative) on the floor to some degree!

Additionally, in staying on point and within the spirit of the thread......... I wonder of JV or his staff possibly direct the guy's this board for the purpose of generating a response??

Just a thought!

Yes. This a fairly active site and boy were there tons of posts and new threads everyday. You couldn't keep up.

Other than that, @ Catman, I was taking a broad perspective on things related to stats, drafts, and simple common knowledge. Nothing simple like "I think Elfrid Payton is going to be a great player". Opinions I rescind my comment about most of them beings facts. Mostly opinions.

But yes. The common adult knows that if they truly know themselves, they'd realize they actually do care what people think about them no matter how much they deny it. Its not fact that these players are reading the forums but I know they at least checked it out once. They aren't the recipients of criticism simply from these forums only. There are the tabloids, the clips, the indefinite poppycock of the figurehead analysts; all that other nonsense I endlessly bring up.

The point is I hope what eve these players see about them in any outlet or hear through any pumpkin patch give them a motivational direction.

Yes. This a fairly active site and boy were there tons of posts and new threads everyday. You couldn't keep up.

Other than that, @ Catman, I was taking a broad perspective on things related to stats, drafts, and simple common knowledge. Nothing simple like "I think Elfrid Payton is going to be a great player". Opinions I rescind my comment about most of them beings facts. Mostly opinions.

But yes. The common adult knows that if they truly know themselves, they'd realize they actually do care what people think about them no matter how much they deny it. Its not fact that these players are reading the forums but I know they at least checked it out once. They aren't the recipients of criticism simply from these forums only. There are the tabloids, the clips, the indefinite poppycock of the figurehead analysts; all that other nonsense I endlessly bring up.

The point is I hope what eve these players see about them in any outlet or hear through any pumpkin patch give them a motivational direction.

Gottcha!!!!

found these two posts from me in the Magic @ Kings Game Thread 1/10/14 game thread, seem relevant even today:

So the good news for the magic is that we really only have two glaring issues;

#1 - we can't score

#2 - we can't stop other teams from scoring

JV and players lacking heart are a close 3a & 3b.

I said it then and I maintain it now, JV is not a good coach or at least, not a good coach now and not for this team. We need someone who can maximize talent and balance the groups of players we have efficiently. Not win, being a good coach doesn't mean your team just wins games, it's the action on the court, the plays or lack thereof, the plays drawn up in timeouts, time management etc.

As for the heart, idk, the body language from a lot of the guys when we get down is abysmal.

I will say that we do look less embarrassing on the court when we're down in late game situations, unless it's by more than 10, otherwise we look like roadkill.

Once again Victor Oladipo with key turnovers late in the game proves too costly. Please stop this experiment, Payton is much better with the ball in his hands.

Payton looked great tonight btw. In all seriousness, Payton is obviously the PG of the future. JV & crew know this, but Payton occasionally has games where he just isn't effective offensively.

Payton looked great tonight btw. In all seriousness, Payton is obviously the PG of the future. JV & crew know this, but Payton occasionally has games where he just isn't effective offensively.

The youth and inexperience are quite obvious when our youthful crew of VO, Payton, Dedmon and to a great degree Fournier are in during crunch time.

But what is most obvious to me is JV's inability to match up personnel such as Willie Green over Harkless when it is clear who the better all around talent is!

Green went 0-for last night, and killed us on defense!!!!! With better talent on the bench...really JV??

JV was forced to get Green out of the game last night, he was losing the game for us all by himself! Then, in JV's post game interview, he of course said, well we need to give him a chance to show that he does not belong in the rotation......really Dude?

Somebody find out what Island JV is on and bring him back to planet reality please!!!!!

smile_panicworker.gif

How long was JV's contract extension for this summer?

I will admit some of these losses are the fault of our youth, but as someone who supported JV for the past two seasons of losing, I can say now it is clear that he does not know how to create winning rotations in the end. His substitutions are mind-boggling, and a part of me feels he is more concerned with everyone (but Moe Harkless) being happy and getting equal playing time than he is about winning.

We all know that this team is no longer a cellar-dweller, so tanking shouldn't be in the equation, and frankly with our talent, will soon discourage our young guys because we all KNOW they can win these games.

If I had a guess, the players are seeing this and are losing respect for JV as a coach. For instance, cold Ben Gordon shooting a 3 to tie it last night? Really? How much you want to bet it's decisions like that that frustrate Harris and will weigh on his mind when he's thinking about leaving ORL this summer?

We need new blood to invigorate this team. JV, in my mind, is losing (or has lost) the respect of his players.

My replacement for JV: George Karl.

•  
  • Fact number one: George Karl is currently riding a 21-season streak (with 2001-02′s 41-41 record in Milwaukee the only .500 campaign) without a losing record in the regular season.
  • Fact number two: George Karl has the sixth-most regular-season victories of any coach in NBA history (1,131).
  • Fact number three: Karl is one of the most respected and accomplished players’ coaches in the history of the NBA, with or without an NBA championship to his credit.

He would instantly get the most out of the players in a Gene Hackman/Hoosiers type way. I just see it. JV is laid back and hands-off. George Karl would kick some guys' a**es and get the most out of them, bringing experience and winning to this program.

It's time to hand the keys over to someone else.

How long was JV's contract extension for this summer?

I will admit some of these losses are the fault of our youth, but as someone who supported JV for the past two seasons of losing, I can say now it is clear that he does not know how to create winning rotations in the end. His substitutions are mind-boggling, and a part of me feels he is more concerned with everyone (but Moe Harkless) being happy and getting equal playing time than he is about winning.

We all know that this team is no longer a cellar-dweller, so tanking shouldn't be in the equation, and frankly with our talent, will soon discourage our young guys because we all KNOW they can win these games.

If I had a guess, the players are seeing this and are losing respect for JV as a coach. For instance, cold Ben Gordon shooting a 3 to tie it last night? Really? How much you want to bet it's decisions like that that frustrate Harris and will weigh on his mind when he's thinking about leaving ORL this summer?

We need new blood to invigorate this team. JV, in my mind, is losing (or has lost) the respect of his players.

My replacement for JV: George Karl.

•  
  • Fact number one: George Karl is currently riding a 21-season streak (with 2001-02′s 41-41 record in Milwaukee the only .500 campaign) without a losing record in the regular season.
  • Fact number two: George Karl has the sixth-most regular-season victories of any coach in NBA history (1,131).
  • Fact number three: Karl is one of the most respected and accomplished players’ coaches in the history of the NBA, with or without an NBA championship to his credit.

He would instantly get the most out of the players in a Gene Hackman/Hoosiers type way. I just see it. JV is laid back and hands-off. George Karl would kick some guys' a**es and get the most out of them, bringing experience and winning to this program.

It's time to hand the keys over to someone else.

“I miss the gym. I want to coach,” Karl said. “It [being an analyst] is a good escape for me to stay in the game, be around the game and talk the game. Every morning I wake up and I have to study like a coach, but for a different reason.”

“I never really turned down an NBA coaching job, and I think anyone that comes to talk to me and I have that privilege they’d be able to talk me into it probably. I don’t think the worst team in the NBA is that far from the best team.”

http://nypost.com/2014/11/06/george-karl-itching-for-another-coaching-opportunity/