Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Grantland preview

Everything you mentioned referenced his basketball ability. If we're just talking about his on-court skills, I completely agree he's replaceable. It's the intangibles that set him apart. I'm a big believer in team chemistry, and from what I've read about O'Quinn, he's a solid citizen and great teammate who is just as happy making the nice pass as he is scoring himself. He sets a great example by working hard on his game and is a positive influence in the locker room and on the bench. I'm ok with you comparing his basketball skills to Speights and Arthur, but comparing his intangibles to Speights, who was arrested for DUI over the summer in Tampa, and Arthur, who was caught with Mario Chalmers smoking pot during rookie orientation, is a joke.

:svgsad:

Reading over 6 pages dedicated to the value of Kyle O'Quinn brought back some neat memories. This place would never be the same if arguments over the importance of a 10th man ceased to exist. I like the guy - and there's always room on a team for a hardworking big - he's just not a difference maker in terms of being on the team or not.

Reading over 6 pages dedicated to the value of Kyle O'Quinn brought back some neat memories. This place would never be the same if arguments over the importance of a 10th man ceased to exist. I like the guy - and there's always room on a team for a hardworking big - he's just not a difference maker in terms of being on the team or not.

The best part is it started with a comparison to Bill Lambeer and ended with a reference to O'Quinn's character.

Thank you Elfrid! I hope this is really you!!!! Can't wait to see you on the court. Remember me when I try out for the cheerleaders!!!! Catalina M. ;-) Look out world!!!!

Kisses! Go Magic!!!!!

I nominate this for post of the year.

Go Magic!

Thank you Elfrid! I hope this is really you!!!! Can't wait to see you on the court. Remember me when I try out for the cheerleaders!!!! Catalina M. ;-) Look out world!!!!

Kisses! Go Magic!!!!!

Can't be real.

It's not that I don't like him, I'm just trying to give everyone realistic expectations.

Some posters legitimately think in three years we'll have a lineup of

Gary Payton, dwyane Wade, carmelo anthony, Blake griffin, and vlade divac with Bill lambeer coming off of the bench.

Unrealistic expectations make us look idiotic in the eyes of other fanbases. Come here to learn about basketball and discuss things rationally.

O'quinn is a hustle guy who is great as a 5th big man. His ceiling is tony battie

In the same post that you say unrealistic expectations make us look idiotic in the eyes of other fan bases, you claim to know the ceiling of a player who has only played in 126 games.

• Upvote 2

It's not that I don't like him, I'm just trying to give everyone realistic expectations.

Some posters legitimately think in three years we'll have a lineup of

Gary Payton, dwyane Wade, carmelo anthony, Blake griffin, and vlade divac with Bill lambeer coming off of the bench.

Unrealistic expectations make us look idiotic in the eyes of other fanbases. Come here to learn about basketball and discuss things rationally.

O'quinn is a hustle guy who is great as a 5th big man. His ceiling is tony battie

Understood! But if you look at the history of the Magic, especially in the early years, when we allowed a lot of talent to either (a) slip through our fingers or (B) trade/gave them away for basically nothing just when they started to develop, we hope that we have finally turned the corner in that area.

I think it is understandable when we finally get a good working Front Office, that is in the midst of developing a good collection of young talent with reasonable expectations of developing into the San Antonio Spurs or OKC as an organization, to make the same projections of our current players....is reasonably!

Your Tony Batie comparison to KOQ is not bad either.....he even has a ring!!!

At the end of the day, this particular discourse is without question subjective.....and that is a good thing! smile_creaturedance.gif

Kisses! Go Magic!!!!!

hey it's victor oladipo, check your pm's :) #feathery