Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Grantland preview

Bill and Jalen talked up Payton a bit in the Sacramento segment. Some jokes about Jalen becoming coach/GM in Orlando and trading for Mclemore.

eww...

O'quinn is looked as a guy who can play reserve PF against bigger lineups. The Magic want to have flexibility and not just have small 4s like Harris and Gordon down there every game.

This is why you are seeing him working out his 3 ball. They want to run a similar offense that they will run with Frye on the floor. They basically want him to be able to stretch the floor somewhat efficiently so teams don't crowd the paint when Frye is not playing.

I think Oquinn is an excellent reserve big for this reason. He can give you minutes at the 4 and be highly efficient if the other team is rolling out a big lineup.

He can give you spot minutes at the 5 against a small ball team as well.

He is a guy I'd like to see on the Magic bench for years. Character guy, hard worker, brings physicality and a nice shooting touch as well.

My point is the rotation will not be the same every night. It won't be as bad as last year, but if the Magic are facing teams with big front courts, you can bet on seeing KOQ out there as the first 4 off the bench.

• Upvote 1

I like O'Quinn a lot and I have more faith in him than a lot of the people here. But I've been wrong before

What do you think he projects to be long term?

What do you think he projects to be long term?

Haha, hopefully a poor man's PJ Brown. DOM has my hopes up now.

I think the worst Magic page ever is the blog run by the star wars fanboy that Junkie always linked to. There is a commentator there who is a power know it all. Super smug and just rips on everyone who does not agree with his opinion, which is insanely negative. Pretty sure he posts on every single thing possible and probably has logged way too much time there.

Its funny to check in sometimes and see him insisting that Payton sucks, Gordon Sucks ..etc. Poor guy is basically rooting against the team to validate his own opinion at this point.

He made a post a while back that basically said we should not resign Vuc, and that based on stats, KOQ is most likely a better player than he is.

It was amazing, and almost made me want to engage this poor idiot, but it's clearly a waste of time.

That being said, DOM versus this guy would be outstanding popcorn viewing.