Sign in to follow this  
VintageGarrity

Preseason Observations

He's about the side of the Fridge now though lol

This may have been a contributing factor as well !!!!!

It is hard to tell when you tend to tone out TV...... as I have been known to do!! smile_headbang.gif

LOL!

I just don't want everyone's hearts and dreams to be shattered for this season by placing too much expectation early. The team is fine.....but we'll have to see how this project suffers through adversity of a rigorous season.

I am at the position of not wanting to lose anymore. Thus, I am on the win wagon so to speak. I hope we win all our preseason games. They look rather easy.

I just don't want everyone's hearts and dreams to be shattered for this season by placing too much expectation early. The team is fine.....but we'll have to see how this project suffers through adversity of a rigorous season.

I am at the position of not wanting to lose anymore. Thus, I am on the win wagon so to speak. I hope we win all our preseason games. They look rather easy.

~O~ My Man.....cheer up!!! look at it this way, no matter what ,whenever our boys give us a moment to cheer, we should take it!! For all that we the long-suffering fans from the beginning and there after have gone through...we deserve every one of them!!!

Now when I get back to REALITY, yeah, you can't put too much stock into the preseason, but I can't tell you how good these guys are making me feel!!! I will be even better when Hennie gets the core locked into contracts!!! That is what I am really worried about right now dude!!!!

• Upvote 2

I think most realistic fans of the Magic just want a fun Magic team to watch with the understanding that they are still going to lose more games than they are going to win. The preseason is hinting that this might be the case.

I think most realistic fans of the Magic just want a fun Magic team to watch with the understanding that they are still going to lose more games than they are going to win. The preseason is hinting that this might be the case.

A fun team to watch. Exactly. This is the reason that I tuned out more than I tuned in the last couple of years. We finally get a chance to watch Henny's team on the court. Just knowing that the ton of lard known as Big Baby will not be taking minutes away from players who factor into our future will be huge, no pun intended. Same with Afflalo, Nelson, Lamb, Moore, Price, etc. I'm not coming down on Afflalo (the guy gave his all and besides Vuc, was our most consistent player) or Jameer ( a great team player and will always be remembered as a fan favorite), but they were not part of the future team that Henny was putting together. Win or lose, I truly believe this is going to be a fun team to watch, and I can't wait for the season to start.

• Upvote 2

I think, in fairly a bold move, Payton starts next to Dipo from Day 1 and the new era of Magic basketball begins! In all honesty, what do we have to lose?

I think that Payton already has shown that he has the poise to start. Yeah he may average a high turnover rate, but the more minutes we give him against quality opposition, the quicker he will be to adjust to the NBA game.

This season is going to be exciting even if we only finish in the 20 win column. The development of our group, defensive strategy and athletic ability should make it the most enjoyable season to watch since our Championship run in '09 in my opinion. Also I still see us having the ability to make the playoffs.

• Upvote 2

I think that Payton already has shown that he has the poise to start. Yeah he may average a high turnover rate, but the more minutes we give him against quality opposition, the quicker he will be to adjust to the NBA game.

This season is going to be exciting even if we only finish in the 20 win column. The development of our group, defensive strategy and athletic ability should make it the most enjoyable season to watch since our Championship run in '09 in my opinion. Also I still see us having the ability to make the playoffs.

I agree with you KK. I see us as a potential surprise team but I think ultimately we fall short of the playoffs and win 30-33 games. I expect the highs to be very high and the lows to be equally low but, more importantly I expect us all to be excited by the prospect of what could be and start to see Henny's "vision".

I think, in fairly a bold move, Payton starts next to Dipo from Day 1 and the new era of Magic basketball begins! In all honesty, what do we have to lose?

I agree. I'm not sure what the value is of bringing Payton off the bench behind Ridnour. As long as he's healthy, Payton should start every game this season. We have to see what we have in him and it's clear that he's not the kind of player to get a big head or develop bad habits by being given a big share of playing time. I'm glad we have Ridnour, since he adds experience and shooting, but Payton has to play the majority of every game.