Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Official 2014-2015 Strapped-In Season Thread

If what a wrote is coming off as 'hostile' to you then you may be a tad 'soft'. I'm saying the Cavs have been gifted 3 of 4 first overall picks and I'm not feeling sorry for them or their fans since we've had no such luck since losing Dwight. Are you picking up what I'm putting down?

I would say that you are coming off a tad bit dick now.

Marc, you are proof positive that ........SOME THINGS SHOULD NEVER CHANGE!!!! smile_headbang.gif

The question of the day is......why is this board so quiet? This is the preseason isn't it ???? smile_bigparty.gif

I would say I don't give a damn. In fact, that's exactly what I'm saying. Oh and go Cavs. What a fairy tale...

Marc, you are proof positive that ........SOME THINGS SHOULD NEVER CHANGE!!!! smile_headbang.gif

The question of the day is......why is this board so quiet? This is the preseason isn't it ???? smile_bigparty.gif

I'm sulking because I have to stream the games and the picture quality sucks.

If what a wrote is coming off as 'hostile' to you then you may be a tad 'soft'. I'm saying the Cavs have been gifted 3 of 4 first overall picks and I'm not feeling sorry for them or their fans since we've had no such luck since losing Dwight. Are you picking up what I'm putting down?

Well this was fun. Let's never do it again.

I'm sulking because I have to stream the games and the picture quality sucks.

I am right there with you!! smile_panicworker.gif

I try to tolerate the bad streams, both audio or video stream and the results are the same.............. just not good enough!!! So with that said I will depend on the eyewitness reports from the board members that I trust.......which is most of ya!!!

Keep searching for better streams, they are out there biggrin.gif

I have tried the others as well, they all stutter, constant breaks and delays etc! I will read your post as you enjoy the live stream to keep up! Thanks Guy!

The Magic have started their ascent and they’re starting to crawl upwards toward the playoffs. Trading away Afflalo and Nelson may not be an admission of non-competitiveness but an effect of their organizational philosophy. Nelson is out to give way to Oladipo and possibly rookie Elfrid Payton. Afflalo’s role as lead scorer will be redistributed to youngsters like Harris, Fournier, and Gordon. Signing a veteran big man, Frye, felt odd since the team is still rebuilding, but they may have been concerned about their team’s spacing and saw the rarity in a seven-foot three-point shooter. For instance, Oladipo’s speed can be utilized better in conjunction with Frye’s picks and the threat of his shooting. Yet if the team values spacing, why did they let Afflalo go and draft Aaron Gordon?

There was some criticism of Orlando for dumping off Afflalo immediately after a near all-star campaign — I was among one of those critics — but there could be more intelligence behind this decision than most people realize. If someone like Daryl Morey of Houston made this trade it would have been clearer, but Afflalo is destroyed by advanced plus/minus metrics and Fournier rates as a better player right now by models like ESPN’s Real Plus/minus, which rates Arron at an awful -3 and Fournier near a neutral zero. One may be concerned about some unaccounted for artifact or noise in the plus/minus, but my own metric, which is based on “expanded” box score stats and not plus/minus, has him at -1.7, still significantly below average, and Fournier at -0.9. Sure, Afflalo led the team in scoring, but Orlando had a miserable offense and he only averaged 18 points a game in 35 minutes. His usage rate, which is highly valuable with my metric, was only 23, and he offered nothing else substantially besides his scoring. Thus, he received only 1.4 points on offense — above average, sure, but far from all-star material for a wing — and had one of the worst defensive ratings among starters in the league.

Afflalo still improbably has a good defensive reputation from his time in Denver. My theory is that during a high-profile series against LA and Kobe Bryant, some announcers or media members liked how he defended Kobe during a few plays and the reputation became concrete. There’s no evidence anymore he’s a great defender. He has one of the worst steal rates for a wing player, and he blocked an astoundingly tiny amount of shots: three total. Although block and steal rates don’t correlate perfectly to defense with individual defenders, one has to wonder how hard he was defending if he only came up with three blocks. If you’re contesting shots well, it’s reasonable to state that you’re going to come up with more blocks than that. It’s not an outlier either because he had 11 blocks last season. The list of players with at least 2500 minutes and three blocks or less is short and filled with tiny point guards like Stoudamire and Muggsy Bogues.

http://network.yardb..._magic/17480690

I'm sorry guys...i lost the game for us yesterday by mentioning that the Hornets should play....-gulp-..........Jannero Pargo.