Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Official 2014-2015 Strapped-In Season Thread

Harris arrived for camp in terrific shape and with an improved 3-point shot, while Vucevic played as well as anyone for the Magic in the first half Tuesday night. Considering both players have until the end of the month to be offered and sign contract extensions with the Magic, making a good first impression takes on greater importance.Both are former first-round draft picks, although neither was chosen by the Magic in 2011. Harris was acquired from the Milwaukee Bucks as part of the J.J. Redick trade, while Vucevic came over from the Philadelphia 76ers in the four-way swap involving Howard.

With the announcement this week of the NBA's new media rights deals worth $24 billion over nine seasons beginning in 2016, it's tempting for players in their situations to wonder how that will benefit them. Vaughn is glad to let Magic general manager Rob Hennigan focus on financial and contractual matters while he makes sure the minds of Harris and Vucevic stay on basketball.

"Rob and his guys have had plenty of conversations to let these guys know they're important to us," he said. "My message to them has been I'm going to coach you. No matter if you're in a contract year or your first year in the league, I'm going to coach you the same. Hopefully that puts a little bit of ease underneath their wings in the sense of, 'Just go play basketball.' "

http://www.foxsports...notebook-100914

There will likely be times this season when Oladipo feels like a rookie all over again. Yes, Oladipo played a class-high 2,487 minutes in 2013-14, but many of the faces around him have changed. Most critically, the Magic will lose Arron Afflaloand Jameer Nelson, the only two other players to log at least 2,000 minutes last year. Oladipo generally shared the court with one or both of them; their replacements (Ben Gordon, Evan Fournier, Elfrid Payton) are clear downgrades in the short-term. Oladipo must also adapt to the arrivals of lottery pick Aaron Gordon and veteran forward/center Channing Frye, two players who figure into the Magic’s longer-term plans.

What Oladipo, 22, should expect to gain this season is greater positional clarity. The 6-foot-5 guard should expect to start on a full-time basis – something that wasn’t guaranteed last season – while logging plenty of minutes alongside Payton, a 2014 lottery pick who is a natural point guard. This is a partnership that will require patience, but alleviating Oladipo of offense-initiation duties while also keeping him near the top of the offensive pecking order is the right play. Finding a player in Payton who seems to take similar pride in playing both ways also makes sense, even if the duo will face questions about whether their overall games are more redundant than complementary.

A knee injury could delay Oladipo’s 2014-15 debut, but that’s hardly a huge concern for a talent-deficient Magic roster poised for another 20-something win season. The only thing that truly matters in 2014-15 is whether the Oladipo/Payton combination looks to be a keeper.

http://www.si.com/nb...-victor-oladipo

I'm honestly pretty over the Lebron hatred at this point. And I'm completely good with a long suffering fan base finally having something to celebrate. People in Cleveland have been miserable for a long time. I'm kind of pulling for them.

• Upvote 2

I'm honestly pretty over the Lebron hatred at this point. And I'm completely good with a long suffering fan base finally having something to celebrate. People in Cleveland have been miserable for a long time. I'm kind of pulling for them.

Three number 1 overall picks since Lebron and still nothing to show for it until LBJ returns. The NBA gifted them everything they have, other than that they're a horribly run franchise and don't deserve the "luck" they've had. Besides, I'd say the fans in Orlando have had it nearly as bad since Dwight left without the benefit of a three #1 picks so, again, I say F the Cavs. Root for them all you want though, that's original...

Three number 1 overall picks since Lebron and still nothing to show for it until LBJ returns. The NBA gifted them everything they have, other than that they're a horribly run franchise and don't deserve the "luck" they've had. Besides, I'd say the fans in Orlando have had it nearly as bad since Dwight left without the benefit of a three #1 picks so, again, I say F the Cavs. Root for them all you want though, that's original...

Everything you said about the Cavs being mismanaged has absolutely nothing to do with the point I was making about long suffering Cleveland fans. You're coming off as just a tad hostile. But to your point, one of those picks was Kyrie Irving and the other two picks ended up netting them Kevin Love. That's obviously not "nothing".

Not a Cleveland or a LeBron fan but you are right, they have been miserable for a long time. I'm just glad LBJ left Miami so now we can beat them :D

Everything you said about the Cavs being mismanaged has absolutely nothing to do with the point I was making about long suffering Cleveland fans. You're coming off as just a tad hostile. But to your point, one of those picks was Kyrie Irving and the other two picks ended up netting them Kevin Love. That's obviously not "nothing".

If what a wrote is coming off as 'hostile' to you then you may be a tad 'soft'. I'm saying the Cavs have been gifted 3 of 4 first overall picks and I'm not feeling sorry for them or their fans since we've had no such luck since losing Dwight. Are you picking up what I'm putting down?