Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Official 2014-2015 Strapped-In Season Thread

No talk about us on NBA TV. Come at them with a surprise!

If you were the producer of NBA TV, would you talk about us? I bet not if you answered honestly.

If you were the producer of NBA TV, would you talk about us? I bet not if you answered honestly.

Of course not.

I'm not at all angry or at all offended by their broadcasting decisions. I quite frankly enjoy it when they ignore the Magic. When they(media, analysts, commentators, etc) have no choice but to talk about us, I enjoy watching their faces contort in confusion of their ignorance about anything relevant related to the Magic on a live broadcast. Not to mention the mispronunciations of players names, the lack of knowing any of our players tendencies, and lastly the unwarranted awe that the have been doing so well.

Good test of the season is if anyone, including the fans on this forum, cares about the games after the first couple of months. If they do, then the season is a success. My guess is that they won't.

There is a difference between tanking (intentionally losing games) and trying to win but losing anyway. I don't think we'll tank this season, but we won't win too many games. I hope we'll see some progress to give us encouragement for upcoming seasons.

My prediction: 25 or fewer wins.

Good test of the season is if anyone, including the fans on this forum, cares about the games after the first couple of months. If they do, then the season is a success. My guess is that they won't.

There is a difference between tanking (intentionally losing games) and trying to win but losing anyway. I don't think we'll tank this season, but we won't win too many games. I hope we'll see some progress to give us encouragement for upcoming seasons.

My prediction: 25 or fewer wins.

There are people on this forum that still cared about the games when the Magic were on a 17 game losing streak that would turn, that night, into an 18 game losing streak.

Stop projecting your fairweather-ness on everyone else.

There are people on this forum that still cared about the games when the Magic were on a 17 game losing streak that would turn, that night, into an 18 game losing streak.

Stop projecting your fairweather-ness on everyone else.

We can argue about what "fairweather-ness" means and when it's an appropriate description, but instead, I'll just mention that even many of the die hard fans on this forum have stated in multiple posts that they had trouble bringing themselves to watch the games the past two years. That's not projecting, that's fact.

I've watched every game I could since 1989. When we are in our bad seasons it is exciting to see us get the few wins we get, plus the upsets, and no heartbreaks. When we are really good every loss is a heartbreak. This year I think we will have a lot of upsets :D

We can argue about what "fairweather-ness" means and when it's an appropriate description, but instead, I'll just mention that even many of the die hard fans on this forum have stated in multiple posts that they had trouble bringing themselves to watch the games the past two years. That's not projecting, that's fact.

The two bolded parts are, in essence, mutually exclusive.

I don't know if you're aware of this, but people can claim to be something without actually being that thing. For instance, and I'm really sorry to be the one who has to break this bad news to you: that "Nigerian Prince" you gave all that money to wasn't Nigerian. Or a prince.

Of course not.

I'm not at all angry or at all offended by their broadcasting decisions. I quite frankly enjoy it when they ignore the Magic. When they(media, analysts, commentators, etc) have no choice but to talk about us, I enjoy watching their faces contort in confusion of their ignorance about anything relevant related to the Magic on a live broadcast. Not to mention the mispronunciations of players names, the lack of knowing any of our players tendencies, and lastly the unwarranted awe that the have been doing so well.

Sooooo True!!!! Your post reminds me of the days when ESPN refused to credit (and they still do) any and all the Magic accomplishments during the SVG /D12 era, especially when Lebron and and the Cav's could not get by us in the playoffs!! You could only love it then, just as I do now!!! Go Magic!!!

The two bolded parts are, in essence, mutually exclusive.

I don't know if you're aware of this, but people can claim to be something without actually being that thing. For instance, and I'm really sorry to be the one who has to break this bad news to you: that "Nigerian Prince" you gave all that money to wasn't Nigerian. Or a prince.

Actually, they aren't mutually exclusive. Teams can become so bad that even the strongest fans, who will never stop rooting for their team over the long run, don't enjoy watching the games during a particular season. That was the case for many with the Magic last year.

Your second paragraph is the kind of bratty condescending drivel which unfortunately appears far too often in your posts, and doesn't deserve a response.

Sooooo True!!!! Your post reminds me of the days when ESPN refused to credit (and they still do) any and all the Magic accomplishments during the SVG /D12 era, especially when Lebron and and the Cav's could not get by us in the playoffs!! You could only love it then, just as I do now!!! Go Magic!!!

Oh those were some fun times... especially that finals run...lol

Actually, they aren't mutually exclusive. Teams can become so bad that even the strongest fans, who will never stop rooting for their team over the long run, don't enjoy watching the games during a particular season. That was the case for many with the Magic last year.

Your second paragraph is the kind of bratty condescending drivel which unfortunately appears far too often in your posts, and doesn't deserve a response.

I've probably said it before, but you must just be an absolute blast at parties.