Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Official 2014-2015 Strapped-In Season Thread

Yea I do, There are a lot of rookies who come into the NBA and make an impact immediately.

Example:

Lillard, Anthony Davis, LBJ, Durant, Oladipo, Rose, Westbrook, MCW, Damon Stoudemire, Mark Jackson, Alonzo Mourning, Tim Duncan, Hakeem, Allen Iverson, Shaq, David Robinson, Magic Johnson, Bird, MJ etc.

I think you should play the 5 most talented players on the team rookie or not.

I think it helps if we define successful.

Successful = progress from last season

Yes that's what I mean, by no means am I saying we will even make the playoffs this season but I think that group could eventually get it done for us in the long run and I know we would improve from last year.

Regarding the Frye injury, if there is no pain and swelling, this should be a short stay on the IR. However, am I to understand that the Magic has a policy and program that requires him to remain on the IR for 3 months? Please somebody say it ain't so!!!

I don't even see that in the concussion policy.

Regarding the Frye injury, if there is no pain and swelling, this should be a short stay on the IR. However, am I to understand that the Magic has a policy and program that requires him to remain on the IR for 3 months? Please somebody say it ain't so!!!

I don't even see that in the concussion policy.

Never heard of such a thing. We may have been more conservative the last couple years when wins weren't exactly 'at a premium', but I do not believe there's any team policy regarding the matter.

Never heard of such a thing. We may have been more conservative the last couple years when wins weren't exactly 'at a premium', but I do not believe there's any team policy regarding the matter.

I agree! When I read that, I didn't even want to source it because I dismissed it right away. But that is when I realized that ................. I couldn't be 100% comfortable with just not ever hearing about it before!! Thanks!!!

Our bench would probably suck though

I agree because you need to balance out the roster.

I would start Oladipo, Fournier, Harkless, O'Quinn, and Vucevic if Frye can't start right away with Fournier bringing up the ball.

I believe Harris should be our 6th man bringing his scoring ability and leadership with the second unit IMO. I'd bring Harris off the bench regardless of the situation.

This is how I'd do it:

Starters: Oladipo, Fournier (until Payton is ready), Harkless, Frye, and Vucevic.

Second unit: Payton, B. Gordon, Harris, A. Gordon, and O'Quinn.

IMO these units add a good balance of defense and scoring.

If Payton is ready to go game one I'd love to see Payton, Oladipo, Harkless, Frye, and Vucevic as the starting five

We have a lot of guards on the roster that have the potential to be pretty good this year. It will be interesting to see how playing time is divided.

I want Harris to start. This guy was a monster when he came over from the Bucks. He had a set back last year from his injury, but I really believe he is a possible franchise player, and deserves a starting role. I understand wanting some offense from the second unit, but he should have been starting in place of Big Baby last year and it's time to see if he is the real deal.

^Like to see Harris get the time too.

Know it's a dead horse, but I still think Frye is going to be poor signing for us. Bad combo of age, ability and $. Think it was pretty obvious at the time, still is, and will continue to be.

Hope to be proven wrong.

Gotta love the timing of this^ post the day after Frye tweaks his knee, lol! He'll be fine. I think in two years we're going to be referred to nationally as 'Elfrid Payton and the Orlando Magic'. I really think this guy is going to be an absolute stud.

not many reports out of camp about A. Gordon. I wonder how he was doing. I had him third on my list of pfs - behind Noah and Randall. I hope he produces in time. He was a really high pick in a loaded draft.