Sign in to follow this  
jjasso007

Defense is Priority as Training Camp Begins

Makes sense. The defense has a chance to be really good quickly. The offense is probably going to be ugly for a little while.

I think it may take time to have all of our players to click in this new phase. I love that we are pushing hard on defense, this will lead to a very exciting brand of basketball and a lot of offence should be created solely from our defensive pressure.

I don't know how good this team will be this season. At the very least, other teams are going to hate playing us on the second day of back to backs.

One thing I'm super interested in seeing is how the interior defense works. I'm very optimistic about perimeter d with oladipo, payton, and harkless, but inside could be really rough against certain opponents. I worry about matchups with, say, the wizards (to keep things within the division), where wall and beal can potentially run devastating pick and rolls against Vuc and frye. Neither of those guys stands out as a competent weak side defender. Hopefully O'Quinn becomes something more of a shot blocking presence. It's been so satisfying to watch him improve and I hope we haven't seen his ceiling yet.