Sign in to follow this  
Catalina Maria

Thoughts on Magic offseason moves ...

Good article and it's how I see it, too. Over and over, the assessment on Oladipo and our rookies is that they are great locker room guys, hard-workers that constantly improve, and so on. We're building a team, not just a great player with pieces around him. In my opinion, that's how you build a team that wins over the long term, ala the Spurs, vs a team like the Lakers or Heat that are built around a player to win RIGHT NOW, and then maybe win another the next year, then blow it up and try again.

It's really the only way a small market can compete in this league.

First let me premise this by saying I love Jameer's heart, and love him for the faithful Magic player he had been all these years. But I've always thought that Jameer is best suited as 6th man spark off the bench. After reading the article, I truly believe that our offense won't be as bad as it is mentioned in this article. Afflalo and Nelson are good players, but I don't think they make others around them better like Channing Frye and Payton will make others around them better. I think we take a big jump in the win column this year. Squeezing in at 8th playoff spot this year. My prediction.

First let me premise this by saying I love Jameer's heart, and love him for the faithful Magic player he had been all these years. But I've always thought that Jameer is best suited as 6th man spark off the bench. After reading the article, I truly believe that our offense won't be as bad as it is mentioned in this article. Afflalo and Nelson are good players, but I don't think they make others around them better like Channing Frye and Payton will make others around them better. I think we take a big jump in the win column this year. Squeezing in at 8th playoff spot this year. My prediction.

Similar record to last year. My prediction.

I'll be disappointed if the record is about the same as last season. I'm expecting to see between 30 and 35 wins.

I'll be disappointed if the record is about the same as last season. I'm expecting to see between 30 and 35 wins.

yes

we need to start seeing a push

With more time cleared up for our youth I'd expect to see some really stunning wins and some awful losses. I think we'll be average in the first half of the season and fall away as the season moves on. 20 winds would be a fail, 25 a pass mark, 30 a nice step forward. Highly doubt we even sniff the playoffs.