Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

Wolves got more value for Love than we did for Dwight?

Absolution the wolves got better return for a lesser player. There's no way to spin it.

It isn't always as simple as the best players get the best returns. The Wolves got incredibly lucky with the situation Cleveland ended up being in.

Who cares if the wolves got lucky or we got unlucky? The answer to the OP is still the same. The wolves got what most experts say is a generational talent. We didn't.

Who cares if the wolves got lucky or we got unlucky? The answer to the OP is still the same. The wolves got what most experts say is a generational talent. We didn't.

Anyone who wants more than a yes or no answer cares. Anyone who wants to know why or how would absolutely care. Anyone who wants to compare one trade to the other and apply their analysis to a judgement of ability on the part of our GM should care.

I think Cleveland will be regretting this one in a year or two [caveat: if they DON'T win a championship]. Love's numbers are inflated and I think Wiggins would have been a good player to have behind LeBron and learn from him.

As for the Dwight comparison, as others have pointed out, Dwight hamstrung us in a lot ways: 1) by being so dramatic, 2) by saying he'd only play for the Rockets or Lakers or Brooklyn, teams that didn't have a lot of prospects.

I think the Cavs overpaid. If I was the one running their organization I'd trade Wiggins and Miami's pick for Love, which would still be the best package offered to the Wolves, and I'd try to use Bennett and Thompson to make a run for Larry Sanders. They need interior defense badly and even though Sanders is a headcase (the reason why he's somewhat available) he could be great for them

Irving

-whoever-

James

Love

Sanders

I think the Cavs overpaid. If I was the one running their organization I'd trade Wiggins and Miami's pick for Love, which would still be the best package offered to the Wolves, and I'd try to use Bennett and Thompson to make a run for Larry Sanders. They need interior defense badly and even though Sanders is a headcase (the reason why he's somewhat available) he could be great for them

Irving

-whoever-

James

Love

Sanders

Cavs management sucks and LeBron has homer **** in his eyes. Cavs management only makes deals that will make the papers. It's downright sickening what LeBron is walking into. He's set for a while; his decision had little to do with his location and more to do with the fact that Cleveland is stacked now(on paper).

Anyone who wants more than a yes or no answer cares. Anyone who wants to know why or how would absolutely care. Anyone who wants to compare one trade to the other and apply their analysis to a judgement of ability on the part of our GM should care.

do we really have to go through each player and what package each fetched? Nobody is judging the GM so why you even bring that up...you're defending something that hasn't even been said.

do we really have to go through each player and what package each fetched? Nobody is judging the GM so why you even bring that up...you're defending something that hasn't even been said.

It's worth being brought up for the sake of conversation. There's been like 10 posts on this forum in the past two weeks.

• Upvote 1

Now that the NBA has managed to give Cleveland all the picks and payback for Lebron leaving maybe we might get some NBA love from Silver.

Stop being stupid.