Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

Wolves got more value for Love than we did for Dwight?

And if so, do they deserve it when you compare Love and Dwight, skill for skill?

I think Hennigan did a great job, possibly the best package he could've got but it's crazy how a rebuild can be affected so greatly by circumstance.

If everything goes according to plan, the Wolves will get Andrew Wiggins, Anthony Bennet and Thaddeus Young, while Kevin Love, Alexey Shved and Luc Mbah a Moute leave the team.

It's definitely to do with timing, when Dwight was approaching free agency there were teams out there that wanted him but were not as desperate as Cleveland now are to win a ship with LeBron.

On top of that the teams we were dealing with did not have prospects like Wiggins available to send our way. That's why we received garbage offers like Brook Lopez

Don't forget we were able to dump the corpse of JRich as well as the goodie we picked up. I think Rob did the best that could be done with the limits that Dwight put on us as far as who he would re-sign with.

The fact that Howard made his desire to bolt public didn't help, and the fact that we had lousy contracts that needed dumping made it worse. Henny needed to use the D12 situation as the perfect time to dump bad contracts.

The fact that Dwight and his agent also held the team hostage with their short list of teams Dwight would actually sign with long-term also really hurt our leverage. I think it's pretty amazing that Hennigan was able to get what he did given the circumstances. That said, I "love" what the Wolves have done. They were going nowhere fast with Love anyways, and he was definitely walking.

The fact that Dwight and his agent also held the team hostage with their short list of teams Dwight would actually sign with long-term also really hurt our leverage.

True, forgot about that detail

So its official... the rankings are in.

Cleveland get an A

Minni a B -

Philly a B +

Or that is what the most referenced (be it all by only one forum member) Kevin Pelton has written in his INSIDERS ONLY article:

Here is the link (hope I have not made any mistakes whilst typing it): http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1132948/trade-grdes-cleveland-cavaliers-come-top-acquiring-kevin-love

Minnesota: B-

The first way to analyze this trade is to decide whether it makes the Timberwolves a better team going forward, and the answer is it does. If Minnesota had a chance to retain Love with a playoff run, keeping him was the right idea. But the relationship between player and team seemed to deteriorate beyond repair this summer. Failing that, there's no way one year with Love, which might have resulted in a playoff berth but would not have guaranteed one, is worth more than four years of Wiggins' rookie contract plus his rights thereafter.

Cleveland: A

The history of trades involving superstars is clear: The team getting the star almost always wins. This particular trade is somewhat unique because of the quality of the player heading the other direction. In Wiggins, the Cavaliers are giving up the No. 1 pick in what was considered a loaded draft, a player our Chad Ford called one of the 10 best draft prospects of the past 15 years. And this deal should still be a steal for Cleveland.

Can't wait for my subscription to run out.

So its official... the rankings are in.

Cleveland get an A

Minni a B -

Philly a B +

Or that is what the most referenced (be it all by only one forum member) Kevin Pelton has written in his INSIDERS ONLY article:

Here is the link (hope I have not made any mistakes whilst typing it): http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1132948/trade-grdes-cleveland-cavaliers-come-top-acquiring-kevin-love

Can't wait for my subscription to run out.

B+ for the Sixers???? Why? Did I missed something?

It's hard to say how Wiggins and Bennett will turn out for the Wolves but its hard to imagine them getting better value for Love then what they did. If the only argument is, "they didn't get the superstar in the trade" then that is stupid. Honestly, I think Love is a very good player, and will be a good fit next to Lebron, but he is vastly overrated. Superstar players don't play on teams that consistently don't make the playoffs. They just don't.

It's hard to say how Wiggins and Bennett will turn out for the Wolves but its hard to imagine them getting better value for Love then what they did. If the only argument is, "they didn't get the superstar in the trade" then that is stupid. Honestly, I think Love is a very good player, and will be a good fit next to Lebron, but he is vastly overrated. Superstar players don't play on teams that consistently don't make the playoffs. They just don't.

Agreed. If he were a superstar he would have them in the playoffs or at least competing for playoff spots in the West, he has done neither.

B+ for the Sixers???? Why? Did I missed something?

Cavs get an "A", no surprise there I suppose. MN gets a "B-" even though the author acknowledges Love netted them zero playoff births, Sixers got a B+ for what again? Consistently opting not to compete?