Sign in to follow this  
You're Fat, Pat!

Our schedule

YFP! here. Yes, I am still living. :shard:

I noticed that there isn't a schedule thread yet, so I figured I'd make one and get your thoughts.

If you haven't seen it yet, you can check it out here: http://www.nba.com/magic/schedule

Apart from specific games (e.g. the returns of D12, SVG, Jameer), I would say that I am particularly excited about the back half of our schedule. If (big IF) we are in any kind of seeding battle whatsoever entering February, we have quite a chance to make some noise with the jaw-dropping number of home games we have.

What things are you looking forward to or dreading on our schedule?

I'm struggling to find games I'm not excited about. Most games fall into 3 categories: they have an exciting rookie I want to see, I think we can get an upset win (or just a win in general) or theyre a full on contender with exciting players. Even then there are also plenty of games against former players and coaches to keep things interesting.

I'm struggling to find games I'm not excited about. Most games fall into 3 categories: they have an exciting rookie I want to see, I think we can get an upset win (or just a win in general) or theyre a full on contender with exciting players. Even then there are also plenty of games against former players and coaches to keep things interesting.

Same here! I was like OK well the Jazz I definitely don't want to see... wait a minute yes i do. The Bucks eww yeah don't care... wait Jabari and Greek Freak man that's going to be fun!

Then you got the new look teams which i'm curious to see as well as the contenders obviously. If I absolutely HAD to pick a team I would be least interested in seeing vs. the Magic it would probably be Brooklyn. Or the shorthanded Pacers.

19 of Orlando’s first 28 contests are on the road. Only nine of those contests are against Western Conference opposition, so the Magic will find out quickly how they stack up in the East. Also, 17 of those 28 games are against franchises that reached the playoffs last season. Their season-long 6-game road trip is in the heart of that stretch. Other than that though, Orlando has no 5-game road trips and only one 4-game roadie (Jan. 7th-12th) for the entire season.

Orlando has the 15th-most plane miles to travel this campaign. Right in the middle. That’s not bad at all considering our city is tucked in the bottom corner of the country. I’m just baffled at how our sunshine state rival travels the least out of all of the East squads. The trade-off for the lengthier 8-day All-Star lay-off is that the Magic will actually have 2 back-to-backs at Amway Center. Orlando has 17 total back-to-backs. That’s great actually because only 4 other NBA teams have fewer (Heat are one of them with 16).

The Magic only have 13 games in which their opponent is on the second night of a back-to-back. That’s the least in the Southeast division and only the Cavaliers have it worse in the East. It’s unfortunate because that means Orlando will have fewer chances to pounce on a fatigued team.

Orlando is going to be on basically a level playing field in terms of rest both at home and on the road. That’s not great in the grand scheme of the Southeast division. Only Atlanta will be at more of a rest disadvantage than the Magic. Miami, Washington, and Charlotte play more contests where they’re more rested than their opponent than Orlando, and those three teams play fewer games where they’re less rested than the Magic.

At the end of the day, Jacque Vaughn and his coaching staff won’t pay a moment of attention as to how much harder their schedule is than an another team, or how easy other franchises have it when it comes to rest or travel. It’s all about the guys on the court. Do these types of small schedule advantages and disadvantages make a difference in determining what will happen with a squad that is on the cusp of the postseason or lottery? Yes, I believe that to be true. Are the 2014-2015 Orlando Magic going to find themselves in that possible situation? We’ll find out.

http://network.yardb...tinues/17049587

• Upvote 1

The real question is whether anyone will care about any of the games after the first couple of months. If they do, then this season is a success as far as I'm concerned.

For some reason, it doesn't feel like this team has a rivalry. Sure, theres head to heads at positions but no real rivalry. All our rivalries died along with the trades and release of past Magic players from the Howard era.

At least our fans our fill seats even though we don't have much of a change to get to playoffs.

For some reason, it doesn't feel like this team has a rivalry. Sure, theres head to heads at positions but no real rivalry. All our rivalries died along with the trades and release of past Magic players from the Howard era.

At least our fans our fill seats even though we don't have much of a change to get to playoffs.

Yeah i think if we did have a rival it was Atlanta

It's tough when the Magic really haven't been consistently good enough to develop those rivalries. I'd say the closest we have had were Detroit and Boston but both of those were rather one-sided. If the fans of your "rivals" don't absolutely despise your team, then you aren't rivals. I don't think anyone in Boston or Detroit give a crap about the Magic.