Sign in to follow this  
A Better DJ & Photographer

During the dead time before training camp let's get to know each other!

I'll start:

My name is Michael, I'm 57 years old and live in Cocoa. Being in then music industry most of my life I have hair longer than most women, and I have a super hot blonde wife that turns the heads of men of all ages.

We own 4 national wedding DJ and photography companies, 2 concert photography groups. (Rock Legends Photographers and Blues Festival Photography), and we are editors for 2 music magazines and publish a 3rd. Between us we capture over 300,000 photos a year and we have over 3 million followers in 35 countries.

In the 80's we lived in LA and were avid Lakers fans during the showtime era. I went to a lot of games and saw Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Bird, McHale, Hakeem, Drexler, Jordan, Pippen, Charles, and all the other greats of yesteryear play firsthand. When Orlando was given a team I immediately became a fan knowing that 1 day soon we would live in Florida. We have been major fans whether the team was good or bad since the 1st game. My wife still has her 1989 jacket and I still have an '89n shirt. We wear our Magic gear most of the season.

We moved here in 1994 and I retired from working for other people in 2008. We run our businesses from home and usually only work a few days a month ourselves.

I stopped playing BBall 2 years ago because I couldn't play more than a few minutes without getting cramps in my calves. although I was known for my relentless defense, when I was feeling it I also used to be a major threat from very long distance. My high game was 74 points and I once made 12 3 pointers in a row in a game. I played BBall for about 48 years so I know a little bit about it. In high school I could beat every guy on the team except one very badly but the coach wouldn't take me because I refused to cut my hair. I played college ball at LAVC. I also coached for 15 years.

So tell us about yourself!

• Upvote 1

and were avid Lakers fans

1368113726727.gif

Anyway

I turned 20 last month, born and raised in Portugal to Angolan parents. I'm about to start the 3rd year of college (graphic design).

I've been a fan of the NBA for a long time, especially for a foreigner. Vince Carter was my first idol back in '03 when I was only 9 years old - I remember being ecstatic when he made the cover of NBA Live 2004.

I didn't pick a team to root for for a long time, I was happy rooting for Vince and starting to know more about the sport. I remember the Spurs being the top team for the most part and it's pretty crazy that they still are.

I watched a bunch of games from the 09 run the Magic had, I liked Rondo a lot and I basically stayed up all night to watch that Celtics series and go to school the next day. The finals were entertaining and I remember that Hedo block on Kobe and the immediate call for timeout as one of the smartest basketball plays I'd ever seen. The Magic weren't one of the all time famous teams and me being sort of a hipster, I started liking them. Obviously VC coming here sealed the deal, finally my guy had a chance to compete for a title...

I signed up here as VCplusD12 five years ago - time flies - and everyone was nice enough. I visited Orlando in 2011 and got myself a Dwight jersey (because I couldn't find a VC one).

After I had some password trouble with my former account I created a new one with my real name, something I've been doing in other forums to get my name out there. I was invited to write for a sports website a while ago and everything's going great.

• Upvote 1

Not usually a fan of these type of threads, but I am half cut, so why not. I am Australian, with Dutch heritage (like all Australians, we come from somewhere or we are from English convict heritage). Dutch blood runs strong, speak the language, been there 18 times and lived there for a stint. I do not like to be stuck in one profession, Landscaper by trade, Accounting and business law by degree, run and own a mining exploration company focused on gold resources (particularly on native land).

Always been a basketball player and fan. If I could sum up my play in one word it would be feisty. Small, aggressive, dirty (if you are **** opponent). Played reps, broken a **** load of bones and am trying to build my fitness back up.

Been a magic fan since my parents bought me the shaq figurine with the broken backboard. I don't watch the game for wins, I watch it to see players develop and become/stay good people. Morals and ethics above talent in my opinion, hence why I love what our team is becoming, it is not all about 'ships, especially when it is a 1 in 30 chance.

I enjoy all the different opinions on here, as long as they are well supported. Where's Junkie..... Pet hates: August and early September, bring on training camp!

• Upvote 1

21, senior at UCF with a major in history and a minor in Russian. Going to law school after graduation. I've lived in Orlando for the past 14 years and lived in Naples before that.

Grew up in a family that is obsessed with sports and I'm a sports junky. Football, basketball, hockey, and baseball are what I follow. My dad played football at Penn State awhile back so I'm a big PSU fan (explains half of my username). Got in for undergrad, but with tuition being $28k, I opted for UCF because of that and because I had a job offer coaching football at my old high school. I played football for 11 years and coached for 3, so that's my sport. Played baseball for a few years, didn't like it because it was too slow. Ran track for a few years, but hated it. Played organized basketball for a year, but I never really gave it a chance.

My family got season tickets in the 2008-2009 season so then I was hooked. Before, I was more of a casual fan, going to 2-3 games a year, but ever since I'm a huge follower and I have the reputation among my friends as being a diehard fan. Unfortunately, we forfeited our seats after the move into the new arena due to the increase in ticket prices, but we still make it out for a few games a year. If I'm not at the game, I do my best to watch on TV.

I play basketball a lot at UCF now, probably 3-4 times a week for a few hours a day. My offensive fundamentals like ballhandling are pretty awful, so I just stick to the 3 & D philosophy. I'm the smaller guy, but I scrap and usually harass the ballhandler all the way up the court. Just play with the football mentality so defense is my thing. Offense? I'll just camp behind the 3PT line and sprint downcourt for the occasional fastbreak layup... That's about it.

I'm a sarcastic guy and don't post on here as much as I used to, just way too much going on in life anymore.

• Upvote 1

I'm Chris. I'm 25 years old. I graduated from Florida state in 2011 with a political science degree. Currently working in insurance.

My first magic memory was my dad taking me to a game where Shaq was ejected after throwing a chair onto the court.

I've been on the message board as a lurker since near the beginning. I was moved to create an account right around the time we signed Rashard. Those early 2000's Supersonic teams were be of my favorite teams to play with on NBA live.

• Upvote 1

What up everyone,

I'm Teran and I'm 34 yrs old. I'm a Christian, African/Native American, married to a beautiful woman, have 3 kids (12, 6, and 4), and you'll never hear me use a curse word. I've lived in CA most of my life except for my first three years I spent in the U.S. NAVY when I lived in Mississippi and Virginia. Although football is my first love when it comes to sports I love my Orlando Magic. Growing up I never had a favorite team and I only followed players. I became a Magic fan back in 1993 because I loved the way they played together. I'm not very good in basketball but I always had a good 3 point shot and the way Scott and Anderson played drew my interest in the team. I'm very excited about this upcoming season even moreso than a few years ago when I knew we were going to be a 50 win team.

• Upvote 1