Sign in to follow this  
jjgator

Playoffs?

I don't see us making playoffs, but it would not stun me to be an 8th seed.

We are going to have to see these guys play to have a real idea of what this team will do. There were a ton of changes made so we are just staring at paper until training camp and preseason starts up.

I think the Magic had some insight on the lottery changing and realize they can potentially still get a top 5 pick even if they finish 9th or 10th.

I don't see us making playoffs, but it would not stun me to be an 8th seed.

We are going to have to see these guys play to have a real idea of what this team will do. There were a ton of changes made so we are just staring at paper until training camp and preseason starts up.

I think the Magic had some insight on the lottery changing and realize they can potentially still get a top 5 pick even if they finish 9th or 10th.

And the Magic have the Lakers pick in two years which could be a pretty good one.

And the Magic have the Lakers pick in two years which could be a pretty good one.

Only if the lakers don't end up with a bottom 5 pick this year, which there is a strong chance they will. If that happens then it is 2 second rounders for us.

Apparently the Cavs want to run more with James Love and Erving.

Makes sense. And so do we. Do we see a league trend here - stretch 4s, transition offense, focus on defense?

If this is a formula that the Cavs coach brings over like it has been reported, I don't see why it would not work for the Magic as well. We are most likely one of the fastest and most athletic teams in the NBA now.

Apparently the Cavs want to run more with James Love and Erving.

Makes sense. And so do we. Do we see a league trend here - stretch 4s, transition offense, focus on defense?

If this is a formula that the Cavs coach brings over like it has been reported, I don't see why it would not work for the Magic as well. We are most likely one of the fastest and most athletic teams in the NBA now.

I'd say the decision to play fast is more based on personnel. Love is one of the best outlet passers in the game, Lebron is the most terrifying transition player in the game and Kyrie isn't half bad at running either. Focus on defense is something all teams should do, it's not really a trend but more a requirement for a championship caliber team. Stretch 4's are obviously a valuable commodity in today's game with the need to space the floor and that looks like it will continue to trend upwards with teams playing bigger 3's at the 4 or asking their conventional 4's to spend the time learning to shoot.

Only if the lakers don't end up with a bottom 5 pick this year, which there is a strong chance they will. If that happens then it is 2 second rounders for us.

That is a possibility but I think there's a good chance that they will be just good enough to avoid the bottom 5. I'm being optimistic.

What protections are on the pick if it does turn out to be a first round pick that they give us?

That is a possibility but I think there's a good chance that they will be just good enough to avoid the bottom 5. I'm being optimistic.

What protections are on the pick if it does turn out to be a first round pick that they give us?

if lakers do not get a top 5 pick in 2015 draft then this happens:

2017 - top 5 protected, if it fall is top 5 then 2018 - top 5 protect, if it falls in top 5 then 2019 has no protections.

If laker's pick is top 5 in 2015 then we get 2017 and 2018 2nd round picks.

So to sum up. We don't want to get Charlotte Horneted like the Detroit Pistons. Fingers crossed Lakers end up with any pick from 6.

The Magic are near the bottom of the barrel for odds to win the 2015 NBA Championship.

Orlando is running right now at 100/1 odds to win the title according to TopBet.eu, among the lowest chances on that sports book. It is the same across the netherworld of gambling Web sites.

According to Bovada, the Magic are running right now at 200/1 odds of winning the NBA championship, the fifth worst odds in the league. The Pistons are somewhat surprisingly also running at 200/1 odds according to Bovada. The Magic are currently running 100/1 to win the Eastern Conference, ahead of only the Bucks and Sixers.

The Cavaliers are your favorite to win the title at 5/2 odds. The Spurs come in at 4/1.

This is not entirely surprising. The Magic should not be expected to be on national television much after a 23-win season that had them 13th in the East and the third worst record in the league. Orlando did not get one of the big players in this year’s Draft either, ending up with Aaron Gordon with the fourth overall pick. There is not a lot of pull to get attention.

http://network.yardb...ayoffs/17018090

^^^^^

All of that is pretty accurate. The Magic will have to prove people wrong on the court. Aaron Gordon has all the talent in the world to do that, so I hope he is taking in all the hate and building that chip on his shoulder.