CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

Porzingis' recent hype is perplexing to me. All this because he owned a chair in a workout?

Yes that is the only reason.

Porzingis' recent hype is perplexing to me. All this because he owned a chair in a workout?

Yes, he was the best at owning a chair. He has the potential to one of the best chair owners we have had in a very long time.

I think the Magic may trade back if Porz is gone. That depends on what offers they have gotten for 5, but I would not be completely surprised to see that happen.

They could trade back and take Turner, Kaminksi, Portis..etc.

It would not be a star pick though. Turner is a possible star, but low % chance.

Kaminsky intrigues me. He's not really athletic but he has that IT factor - just works really hard and reminds me of McHale from back in the day. I think he could end up being better than his draft position because he is such a hard worker.

If we did trade back I'd hope it would be just a few slots to take Mario or Stanley.

If we move back I am going to be extremely disappointed. I say we take BPA at 5 and hope they turn into a star down the road. I get that you can get a stud later in the lottery (example Payton) but it's a lot more likely that we get a future all star in the top 5-6 range.

Guys...we just traded luck Ridnour....I'm surprised you guys haven't posted it yet.

I'm very skeptical about Porzi, surprised more arent worried. Foriegn big man project? Pass

That's serious insight. We have gone over multiple reasons why he may be more than just a foreign big man project in this thread.

The main reason is the guy is a hard worker. When casual fans think about foreign guys, they bring up Darko, a guy who hated basketball. Or Bargiani. Same thing. These guys didn't care. Hell, Hedo didn't care that much, he partied downtown more than me but he had such natural ability that he skated by.

KP loves the game. Wants to work. Wants to get better. He is not going to show up and accept that he is soft and not make a difference for us. It's a risk reward pick but everyone wants a star here, and this guy has all the potential to be just that.

• Upvote 1

Guys...we just traded luck Ridnour....I'm surprised you guys haven't posted it yet.

It's posted in the off-season thread, this one is the draft thread and the trade had nothing to do with the draft :D

This is an amazing game of chess between GM's.

Last year, it was known Henny loved Elfrid Payton and so Philly drafted him two spots ahead of us and held him for a King's ransom.

This year, it is assumed Henny & the Magic love a certain Latvian PF. The 76ers, again two spots ahead of us, have been rumored to be interested in this player, in an attempt to force the Orlando Magic's hand to trade with them. The Magic just traded for a Latvian wing playing oversees.

WHAT IF: Henny decides to play the 76ers at their own game and gives the impression he really wants one player, and even gives a very public move to indicate this is the player he wants, when in reality, he's aiming at another player the entire time that he's hoping will fall to him??

WHAT IF THIS IS A COMPLETE SMOKESCREEN MOVE?? :panicworker:/>

This is an amazing game of chess between GM's.

Last year, it was known Henny loved Elfrid Payton and so Philly drafted him two spots ahead of us and held him for a King's ransom.

This year, it is assumed Henny & the Magic love a certain Latvian PF. The 76ers, again two spots ahead of us, have been rumored to be interested in this player, in an attempt to force the Orlando Magic's hand to trade with them. The Magic just traded for a Latvian wing playing oversees.

WHAT IF: Henny decides to play the 76ers at their own game and gives the impression he really wants one player, and even gives a very public move to indicate this is the player he wants, when in reality, he's aiming at another player the entire time that he's hoping will fall to him??

WHAT IF THIS IS A COMPLETE SMOKESCREEN MOVE?? :panicworker:/>/>

No. He's just a random Euro guy who might be worth coming over in a few years or might get us a 55th pick in a few years like 60% of the euros drafted every year.

Basically alexi shved vs Peter kaponnen.