CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

I thought so. Basically that uses defensive rating for a single player( Noel actually got better by the end of the season and averaged 99.2 per 100) and compared it to a team (golden state had the best defensive rating in the nba at 101.4)

Let's extrapolate that to other players

When Noel is on the court, they are the best defensive team in the entire NBA.

When kahwi is on the court, they are the best defensive team in the entire NBA

When Bogut is on the court, they are the best defensive team in the entire NBA

When Duncan is on the court, they are the best defensive team in the entire NBA

When Draymond is on the court, they are the best defensive team in the entire NBA

When gobert is on the court, they are the best defensive team in the entire NBA

When Tony Allen is on the court, they are the best defensive team in the entire NBA

When deandre Jordan is on the court, they are the best defensive team in the entire NBA

Also, Paul millsap, marc Gasol, Drummond, Davis, gortat, al Jefferson, zaza, Danny green, hibbert, Randolph, Luis scola, pau, and that's when bball ref stops counting as they only supply the top 20.

Conversely, based on that same premise, when noel is on the court, Philly is the worst offensive team since the 11-12 bobcats.

Lewis is right. They're using Drtg, which is a calculation, and comparing it to actual team defensive efficiency numbers. Which is asinine.

The Sixers' actual defensive efficiency when Noel was on the court was 104.3. That's certainly better than when he was off the court, but it's hardly spectacular, especially for a player who was borderline worthless on offense(his team was 5 points better per 100 possessions on offense when he was on the bench).

Winslow is considered by many to be the top small forward prospect in the 2015 draft. He averaged 12.6 points, 6.5 rebounds and 1.3 steals for NCAA champion Duke last season. He had draft workouts with the Philadelphia 76ers (third overall pick), New York Knicks (fourth), Orlando Magic (fifth), Denver Nuggets (seventh) and Detroit Pistons (eighth).

One NBA scout said Winslow needs to convert to the shooting guard position.

"He measured a little small at the combine," one NBA scout told Yahoo Sports. "But it just confirmed that he has to be a shooting guard in the NBA. He's a tough kid with an improving jumper. He needs to improve his ball-handling skills some more.

"He's essentially a straight-line drive guy at this point. I'm a little torn between him and Stanley [Johnson]."

http://sports.yahoo....-001559526.html

• Upvote 1

To use the same baseball analogy: You can still score a run with 4 singles.

Single #1 Dipo

Single #2 Payton

Single #3 AG

Single #4 Winslow

That should be enough to get us a run! OR, we could swing for the fences and have a higher likelihood of striking out.

OK, no more baseball analogies.

And to comment on the Battier comp. I don't think it's a bad thing to be compared to Battier. He's a winner. He does what his team needs in order to win. Every team needs guys like that. Granted I hope Winslow would end up being a better player than Battier, but the guys has won at almost every level. I'll draft a winner that is willing to do what it takes to help his team win.

i don't want a role player at 5, i don't get where this forum thinks this guy is gonna be a star

You mean you missed where I posted a 3rd party prediction based on his numbers at Duke compared to the same freshman numbers of star players in the NBA which showcase he DOES have the potential to be a star?

You missed a few pages back where a link was posted that had Coach K comparing him to Dwayne Wade and Bilas saying he would be at least as good as Iguodala?

Does that help you understand how "this forum thinks this guy is gonna be a star"?

Lewis is right. They're using Drtg, which is a calculation, and comparing it to actual team defensive efficiency numbers. Which is asinine.

The Sixers' actual defensive efficiency when Noel was on the court was 104.3. That's certainly better than when he was off the court, but it's hardly spectacular, especially for a player who was borderline worthless on offense(his team was 5 points better per 100 possessions on offense when he was on the bench).

Exactly and it does not equate to 2nd best defense in the league.

After hearing Mitch Kupchak's interview on NBA TV, I think the Lakers really might draft Russ. I think things get really interesting if that happens, and I think it really helps the Magics' chances of getting Porz.

It would be great if Philly had Okafor to choose.

On SC this morning they said it could come down to who the Lakers also go after in free agency. If they think they can get Dragic then they draft front court but if they go after Aldridge then they go back court. I thought that made a good point. We know Aldridge is leaving Portland but a lot of people believe Dragic stays in Miami.

After hearing Mitch Kupchak's interview on NBA TV, I think the Lakers really might draft Russ. I think things get really interesting if that happens, and I think it really helps the Magics' chances of getting Porz.

Drafting Russell would be the best move for the Lakeshow. They need someone to carry the torch when Kobe goes down again and when he finally retires.

The bad thing is if they pick him who does Philly pick? Zinger, Okafor, Mudiay? Then NY will take one of the other 2. We really need our lucky stars lined up or trade up for us to get Zinger.

I don't like the recent post about Winslow being too small to play SF and that he needs to be a 2. I'm happy with VO and Fournier manning that spot.

Although most people say you draft the BPA, personally I think it's foolish to draft for a position that you already have 2 young guns developing at. We badly need a stretch 4 that plays D, gets boards, protects the rim, and can hit 3s at a good clip. There are a few good ones but if Zinger is gone we may have to reach.