CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

Noel is the best asset on Philly's roster and just played his rookie roster. He's a much better prospect than WCS, who some want at #5. For a reminder, here are some nice tidbits from Grantland:

http://grantland.com...ie-of-the-year/

You guys are right. He'd be a poor addition to the Magic.

smile_svgsad.png

All I know is MCW was rookie of the year putting up 16, 6, and 6 and then he's considered overrated. Turner goes from averaging 17.4 ppg in Philly to 9.5 in Boston. Tony Wroten goes from 2.6 ppg in Memphis to 16.9 in Philly. Robert Covington gets 2.3 ppg in Houston, 13.5 in Philly. Isiah canaan gets 6 ppg in Houston, 12.6 in Philly. Ish Smith, 5 years with 7 different teams. Never averages more than 4.5 ppg or 2.6 apg. He averages 12 ppg and 6 apg in Philly.

Thomas Robinson is on his 4th nba team and averages 8.8 ppg and 7.7 rebounds per game in 18.5 mpg with Philly. That equals out to 17.1 and 15.0 per 36.

Noel averaged 9.9 and 8.1 in 30 mpg. That's 11.6 and 9.5 per 36. That ranks him 15th and 4th on Philly this year.

So, if everyone else that Philly touches gets a "he's not that good, he just gets opportunities on a terrible team" excuse for their play, why is Noel immune to that criticism? We honestly have no real way to compare him because he's not playing on a real team. If he's that talented, why are less talented players able to have similar production.

What makes his season so much different than Stromile Swift in 01-02 averaging 11.3 ppg, 6.3 rpg and 1.7 bpg in 26 mpg on a 23 win Memphis team?

All I know is MCW was rookie of the year putting up 16, 6, and 6 and then he's considered overrated. Turner goes from averaging 17.4 ppg in Philly to 9.5 in Boston. Tony Wroten goes from 2.6 ppg in Memphis to 16.9 in Philly. Robert Covington gets 2.3 ppg in Houston, 13.5 in Philly. Isiah canaan gets 6 ppg in Houston, 12.6 in Philly. Ish Smith, 5 years with 7 different teams. Never averages more than 4.5 ppg or 2.6 apg. He averages 12 ppg and 6 apg in Philly.

Thomas Robinson is on his 4th nba team and averages 8.8 ppg and 7.7 rebounds per game in 18.5 mpg with Philly. That equals out to 17.1 and 15.0 per 36.

Noel averaged 9.9 and 8.1 in 30 mpg. That's 11.6 and 9.5 per 36. That ranks him 15th and 4th on Philly this year.

So, if everyone else that Philly touches gets a "he's not that good, he just gets opportunities on a terrible team" excuse for their play, why is Noel immune to that criticism? We honestly have no real way to compare him because he's not playing on a real team. If he's that talented, why are less talented players able to have similar production.

What makes his season so much different than Stromile Swift in 01-02 averaging 11.3 ppg, 6.3 rpg and 1.7 bpg in 26 mpg on a 23 win Memphis team?

This this this

I expect someone before us to take Porzingis and we take Winslow, which I'm perfectly fine with

I'm actually hoping for this. I think the only way we take Winslow is if Porz is gone, and Winslow has been my no1 forever. Really I just want one of those 2.

What makes him different from 10.4/6.3/1.6 in 28.7 minutes on the 95-96 Timberwolves that only won 26 games?

Oh yeah, context.

I completely agree with this. I also wish I had time during my work week to articulate such a good post with such fine recon.

Myles Turner....

Someone like that. Maybe even trade down for WCS and land a vet as well.

I know Rob plays things close to the vest but he was real specific about not duplicating talent. He also said he didn't want to keep getting younger. I think he'd forget about the age if it was someone who a. didn't duplicate talent and b. had an high ceiling. This is why I think Porzingis is their man. He's such a rare breed at his age, height, reach, agility, that you have to look over the age.

I completely agree with this. I also wish I had time during my work week to articulate such a good post with such fine recon.

Had to drive to boca for business. Sitting in my hotel and very bored.

I think your general comments make sense… but are not really applicable with Noel. I don't really care about his individual stats. When Noel is on the court in Philly, they are the 2nd best defensive team in the entire NBA… and that's as a rookie. Thus, I think he's exactly what we need for the Magic and Skiles. Ironically, if we were to flip the scenario around and he were in Orlando, there is no way we'd consider trading him for the #5 pick.

EDIT: If he were in this draft, I think he'd go 2nd or 3rd now that we've seen his play in the NBA.

Yes I don't think we would trade him for the 5th pick because we would just be getting younger and younger.

I think the Magic are taking KP or Winslow as well, and I'm cool with either one. But lets just see what happens. If the Magic even entertained discussion for Vuc, that means more teams are going to be calling with offers for him, the pick and other guys as well.