CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

Here's what's most exciting to me about this draft:

Most drafts you can get a sense of where the top 5-10 will fall. We know the top 2 (maybe 3). After that, it is literally a Wild Wild West. I have no idea who will be there and who we will draft, and nor does any other team. Last year, there was a unanimous top 4 (while we screwed that up with Aaron Gordon), but the draft generally went as predicted in the top 10.

This year: no one knows. It's going to be exciting.

What if we offer #5 and Nicholson for #7 and Faried? Would you still be mad?

I don't really see what that trade accomplishes

Eh, I don't think cousins' defense is worse than Vucevic. I mean it gets worse when he gets pouty. But his actual upside is higher.

Cousins upside is definitely higher. Last year alone Cousins had more than twice as many SPG as Nik, and almost 3 times as many BPG as Nik.

Brian K. Schmitz ‏@MagicInsider 2 minutes ago

League source tells Orlando Sentinel that Magic are not part of proposed 3-way trade that includes Nik Vucevic, contrary to ESPN's report.

I'll bite. How could the Magic not be part of a 3-way trade that includes Nik Vucevic? I understand what Schmitz is trying to say, but a reporter should be more clear... even on social media?

I'll bite. How could the Magic not be part of a 3-way trade that includes Nik Vucevic? I understand what Schmitz is trying to say, but a reporter should be more clear... even on social media?

The original rumor from Marc Stein only said the source named Orlando as the third team and then Stein and others speculated that maybe Vucevic was involved since he is potentially our best asset.

I can't believe a made up Cousins rumor with no legs took up 10 pages on here. Oh wait, yes, I can.

It's not made up. The Magic were called about it, there was dialogue and they most likely said no once they heard the parameters.

Not everything is a lie. The Magic will take calls about their players and picks.

It's not made up. The Magic were called about it, there was dialogue and they most likely said no once they heard the parameters.

Not everything is a lie. The Magic will take calls about their players and picks.

Yup. Deals are discussed constantly. Sometimes they get leaked for various reasons. Unlikely? Sure. But I doubt it's fabricated.