CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

The good news is that we know two teams, the Bucks and the 76ers, are going to be absolutely horrendous next year. Only 3 slots left to fill. lol

The good news is that we know two teams, the Bucks and the 76ers, are going to be absolutely horrendous next year. Only 3 slots left to fill. lol

Might be able to add Pacers to that list.

Losing George is a massive blow but there is no way they become a bottom 5 team just from that.

Not only they lost George to injury but also Stephenson and Turner via free agency! They got no team chemistry and no scorer!

I expect them also to be one of the bottom 5 teams!

I think vuch has already shown notable value. he is a top 7 rebounder in the league. plus, top 7 in double double. So howard has gotten us:

Vuch

harkless

payton

fournier

Marble

Lakers 2017 pick

Plus, he helped dump salaries

The future of this team will be determined by how these guys develop, along with Oli, Harris and Gordon. Essentially, we have seven guys that are young first rounders on rookie deals:

Payton

Oladipo

Fournier

Harkless

Harris

Gordon

Vooch

One or two need to develop into all-stars for this team to be relevant in the playoffs again.

The future of this team will be determined by how these guys develop, along with Oli, Harris and Gordon. Essentially, we have seven guys that are young first rounders on rookie deals:

Payton

Oladipo

Fournier

Harkless

Harris

Gordon

Vooch

One or two need to develop into all-stars for this team to be relevant in the playoffs again.

i really like vuch, payton and oladipo's chances at becoming allstars

Payton

Oladipo

Fournier

Harkless

Harris

Gordon

Vooch

I don't know what the odds are but you've got to think 1 out of 8 1st round picks (Nicholson is the 8th) would become an All Star especially when you consider all of them were top 20 picks, 3 of them were top 10 picks and 2 of them were top 5 picks.

Zach Lowe's new article on NBA Bigs is pretty good evidence as to why Kristaps Porzingis will probably be a top 5 pick.

It’s obviously ideal to have one core big man who can shoot 3s in high volume and deter shots near the basket, but there are only a few guys who can do both. Some have slow releases. Some are such defensive liabilities as to be borderline unplayable against good teams. Some are wings contorting themselves into a role they can’t really play.
- http://grantland.com/features/the-nbas-bigs-problem/

Porzingis is a 7 footer who blocks shots at a high rate and looks likely to develop into a legitimate 3 point threat.

I don't know what the odds are but you've got to think 1 out of 8 1st round picks (Nicholson is the 8th) would become an All Star especially when you consider all of them were top 20 picks, 3 of them were top 10 picks and 2 of them were top 5 picks.

Just don't look back at the past drafting of the Magic...outside the top 5 we were awful.

Just don't look back at the past drafting of the Magic...outside the top 5 we were awful.

We never had much of a scouting department until recently, but we haven't been completely terrible drafting. We've been about average when looking outside of top 5 pics in the past 10 years or so. We've made some bad ones, for sure, but also had some decent pics as well, like Nelson, JJ, Zaza and C. Lee. I'd toss in O'Quinn and Nicholson but those were made under the new regime.

Some of the biggest boneheaded picks though were bad enough to definitely leave a nasty taste in your mouth for sure.

And being right every time when we do draft in the top 5 absolutely counts for something. Shaq was a complete no brainer but Howard and Penny were not. Dennis Scott wasn't a bad pick in the top 5 either.

Not only they lost George to injury but also Stephenson and Turner via free agency! They got no team chemistry and no scorer!

I expect them also to be one of the bottom 5 teams!

Let's not pretend like Evan Turner meant anything to the Indiana Pacers... that trade for them when they lost Danny Granger's locker room presence is really when their downfall started...