CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

If not, that puts a lot of pressure on Vucevic, Harkless or the Lakers' 2017 first-round pick to become an asset of notable value. That Lakers pick, too, comes with a catch: It's return is predicated on the resolution of another of L.A.'s debts. Because of the spending spree that went into their now-dissolved superteam, the Lakers also owe a top-five-protected first-round pick to Phoenix. That pick is set to convey in 2015. If it does not convey (i.e., if the Lakers land in the top five of the draft lottery), then the 2017 pick owed to Orlando will instead default as two second-rounders. To simplify:

• If the Lakers end up with a pick in the 1-5 range in the 2015 draft, they keep their pick, their debt to the Suns will roll into next season (with top-three protection) and their debt to the Magic will convey as two second-round picks (2017 and 2018).

• If the Lakers do not end up with a pick in the 1-5 range of the 2015 draft, the Suns get their pick and the Lakers will owe the Magic a top-five-protected first-rounder in 2017.

http://www.si.com/nb...y-dwight-howard

Yea as sad as it is to say, I'm rooting for Kobe to get back to full health and carry that Laker team to respectability. If he does we'll get a 2nd rounder this year and a good shot at a 1st rounder in 2017.

Yea as sad as it is to say, I'm rooting for Kobe to get back to full health and carry that Laker team to respectability. If he does we'll get a 2nd rounder this year and a good shot at a 1st rounder in 2017.

i dont see them worst than last year

I think vuch has already shown notable value. he is a top 7 rebounder in the league. plus, top 7 in double double. So howard has gotten us:

Vuch

harkless

payton

fournier

Marble

Lakers 2017 pick

Plus, he helped dump salaries

Yea was a good haul IMO

Well crap. It looks like I have to root for the Lakers to not completely suck this year. Come on Kobe, show me something.

Well crap. It looks like I have to root for the Lakers to not completely suck this year. Come on Kobe, show me something.

I know, right! I am sure this was not in the minds when the Howard trade was made, as if anyone thought the Lakers would be looking at being a bottom 5 side.