CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

But still. He needs to have at least 1 big game to convince me of his ceiling.

Don't worry guys, your local Kentucky basketball expert is here...

Towns is more solid than people want to give him credit for. He has a little issue with fouls, but that will tighten up. Right now, he can dominate every game if he wants to. However, just as Catman said, the way Cal is playing this team, you can't go simply off numbers. You'd have to watch a few games to really see what he is like. I think behind Okafor, Kentucky has 2 of the best big men in the college game right now in Towns and Willie Cauley Stein. If Towns was on any other team, he would be averaging 20 + 8...I guarantee it. He has experience playing good competition and there is no one in the country having better practices than Kentucky. He'll get better and he is definitely worthy of consideration for a top 10 pick.

I know we have enough guards, but since I'm talking about Kentucky, Devin Booker is legit too. That boy looks like Steph Curry sometimes with his 3pt shooting and he can create his own shot too. Probably worth of a lottery pick as well.

Don't worry guys, your local Kentucky basketball expert is here...

Towns is more solid than people want to give him credit for. He has a little issue with fouls, but that will tighten up. Right now, he can dominate every game if he wants to. However, just as Catman said, the way Cal is playing this team, you can't go simply off numbers. You'd have to watch a few games to really see what he is like. I think behind Okafor, Kentucky has 2 of the best big men in the college game right now in Towns and Willie Cauley Stein. If Towns was on any other team, he would be averaging 20 + 8...I guarantee it. He has experience playing good competition and there is no one in the country having better practices than Kentucky. He'll get better and he is definitely worthy of consideration for a top 10 pick.

I know we have enough guards, but since I'm talking about Kentucky, Devin Booker is legit too. That boy looks like Steph Curry sometimes with his 3pt shooting and he can create his own shot too. Probably worth of a lottery pick as well.

Being a Kentucky basketball fan doesn't make you an expert. If anything it means we should take your posts with a grain of salt.

Lakers seem to be fully tanking (started Robert Sacre yesterday) so I don't think it's likely we'll catch them. Just have to make sure we suck enough to remain at the 5th spot, Indy and Utah are the main competition.

In an ideal world we get Cavs lucky, get the #1 pick, trade Okafor for a C-Webb like haul, draft Towns/Porzingis with one of the picks we received. Live happily ever after.

• Like 1

http://www.nbadraft.net/2015mock_draft

Just updated. Man if that actually happened and we got Russell I would buy everyone on here his jersey lol. I know it doesn't help our PF issue, but some players are to good to pass up. He could be our Harden/Ginobli off the bench being able to play 2 guard spots. Just need to sign a PF in free agency in this scenario.

Just updated. Man if that actually happened and we got Russell I would buy everyone on here his jersey lol. I know it doesn't help our PF issue, but some players are to good to pass up. He could be our Harden/Ginobli off the bench being able to play 2 guard spots. Just need to sign a PF in free agency in this scenario.

It's also easier to find a big bodied shot blocker in free agency, than a young talented scoring guard. I like him, but I don't know if we'll get a shot at him. It's too early to even speculate the draft order.

I see no way this happens unless we drop to the #3 pick or something.

I still think we end up with Stanley Johnson if we stay around our current pace. When in doubt, take the hyper-athletic defender.

I'd take Russell #2. We could run a 3 guard rotation and each guy could get 32 minutes.

I could also see us running Oladipo at the 3 for the last few minutes of most games. Or maybe Russell grows an inch or two and can play SF. it's not like any of the three guys are short.

I see no way this happens unless we drop to the #3 pick or something.

I still think we end up with Stanley Johnson if we stay around our current pace. When in doubt, take the hyper-athletic defender.

I'd take Russell #2. We could run a 3 guard rotation and each guy could get 32 minutes.

I could also see us running Oladipo at the 3 for the last few minutes of most games. Or maybe Russell grows an inch or two and can play SF. it's not like any of the three guys are short.

This is the first time we are completely 100% on the same page lol.

Yea I don't think we get Russell either. Once it's actual draft time, I think he will be a lock for top 3 he's just to good not too. But at the rate were losing and with a little lottery luck, it's not that far fetched.

All I know is we need offense and he's the best scorer in this draft.