CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

Let's not pretend like Evan Turner meant anything to the Indiana Pacers... that trade for them when they lost Danny Granger's locker room presence is really when their downfall started...

Yeah but losing him along with George and Stephenson is definitely going to impact a team that already had troubles offensively.

We never had much of a scouting department until recently, but we haven't been completely terrible drafting. We've been about average when looking outside of top 5 pics in the past 10 years or so. We've made some bad ones, for sure, but also had some decent pics as well, like Nelson, JJ, Zaza and C. Lee. I'd toss in O'Quinn and Nicholson but those were made under the new regime.

Some of the biggest boneheaded picks though were bad enough to definitely leave a nasty taste in your mouth for sure.

Yeah we had some terrible picks as well. Jeryl Sasser, Reece Gaines, Justin Harper, Daniel Orton, Fran Vasquez

Yeah we had some terrible picks as well. Jeryl Sasser, Reece Gaines, Justin Harper, Daniel Orton, Fran Vasquez

Like I said, we've made some bad ones for sure, but overall, we're about average.

And so has just about every team in the league. You just don't think about them as much because you don't follow those teams.

And so has just about every team in the league. You just don't think about them as much because you don't follow those teams.

I would love to see a list for each team of their picks in the last 15 years. Would actually make a pretty good (in hindsight) series of articles, where a journo can go over each team a week at a time and break down all their picks. It would be very Zach Lowe.

I would love to see a list for each team of their picks in the last 15 years. Would actually make a pretty good (in hindsight) series of articles, where a journo can go over each team a week at a time and break down all their picks. It would be very Zach Lowe.

You've got some time?

Take a look at this page: Drafts

• Upvote 1

I think I still have a spreadsheet at work that I put together to analyse the past draft pics. I can send it to you next week if you want it. It's got things like "years spend in the league", and PER taken into account. However, I think I put it together in 2009, so it needs to be updated.

I think I still have a spreadsheet at work that I put together to analyse the past draft pics. I can send it to you next week if you want it. It's got things like "years spend in the league", and PER taken into account. However, I think I put it together in 2009, so it needs to be updated.

That would be great, will help to get through this slow period. Cheers

I'd be curious to see that as well, Echo. It's gonna be dead around here until preseason.

You didn't turn in your homework.

• Upvote 1

Speaking of draft picks, if we look at our roster, what would yo anticipate being a "need" position come next years draft. Personally, I see PG, SG and C locked up with Payton, Oladipo and Vuc. So, for me, it's more of SF and PF, depending on how Tobias Harris plays and what position he plays