Sign in to follow this  
Jagsfreak27

Monkey See Monkey Do?

As of now, I don't want him back. He pretty much destroyed what he had here with his attitude and how he left. Was it all his fault? No, probably not. FO had a list of faults but some if not most were to cater to Howard. We dug ourselves a hole we couldn't get out of. He did give us years of excitement and we can't take that away from him. Ever. But the way he left, might leave too bad of a taste in our collective mouts. Right?

In two years, the thinking might be different. We might have a team that could welcome him, if he's matured enough to realize he's on his last legs when it comes to his atleticism and willing to defer our young guys and be the defensive anchor he's supposed to be, instead of trying too much on O where he's too easy for opponents to figure out. He would however have one thing in his favor: Big men tend to last longer in this league, but for that to be true for him, he needs post moves or else he'll become Clevelands version of Ben Wallace.

In two years, he most likely will have regressed a bit physically and athetically. Back injuries are really tough to work around. Sure he looks better last season compared to the horrible Lakers season, but age will soon start to creep up on him. Might have gained a few pounds in muscle and his athletic ability gone down a level. That was his thing. High jumps for rebounds, blocks, oops, shot alterings... He doesn't have a good offensive skillset to rely on when his athleticism starts to go away. He for some reason isn't able to add to his arsenal of moves for him to extend his productive years.

So, in two years, given that his athleticism is starting to fade out, he's willing to be a roadblock in the paint, with a block here and there, not trying to be first option on offense... then yes, I'll take him back.

I could see it work out if the team around him is filled with playmakers, slashers, defenders, shooters and rebounders. An all-around team, not just guys who stand on the 3P line waiting for an outlet pass from him to shoot a 3. That kind of team was made for Dwight to be a First Option and he won't be able to be a first option as he continues to lose his atleticism with age, given that he hasn't been able to add to his post moves.

If we could add Durant with him in 2016, now that would be a different story.

PG: Payton

SG: Oladipo

SF: Durant, Harris, Harkless

PF: Vucevic, Gordon, Frye

C: Howard, Vucevic

This will of course have to come down to what kind of contracts Harris, Vucevic and then Durant and Howard will get. Harris and Vucevic are entering contract years. 9-11M/y for Harris isn't out of the question and I'm sure Vuc could demand up to 15M/y. Soon Oladipo will come up, looking for a good raise, which he'll get...

Cap experts will have to answer this: Given that Harris and Vuc, along with Dipo, are up for a good raise... are we in any way in play for both Dwight and Durant, in 2 years, while keeping our current 3 young guys? Add Payton and Gordon to the mix of raises shortly after that. I would guess Vucci would have to go, if the Magic were to sign Howard.

Come on, Dwight, you know you've thought about it.

Don't act like you haven't.

You know that someday you've imagined what it would be like to pull a LeBron and come back home to Orlando.

You know you've envisioned turning Orlando's Dwightmare into a dream come true.

No, you weren't born in Central Florida like LeBron James was born in Northeast Ohio, where he made his heroic and triumphant return to the hometown Cavaliers on Friday. But you grew up here in Orlando. This is where you became a man. This is where you became a father. This is where you became a star.

Write it down, people, there will be a day in the future when Dwight Howard will want to make a return to Orlando. Especially if the Magic rebuilding process goes as planned.

Think about it: If Victor Oladipo, Nik Vucevic and the Magic's young nucleus of draft picks can develop into a decent team in the horrible Eastern Conference, there will be a day in the next couple of years when the Magic will be looking to add a superstar free agent to put them over the top. That superstar free agent could very well be Dwight Howard himself.

Bianchi weighs in

This is your Captain speaking.

Limit quoted stories to 4 "paragraphs" and link back to the original source. I was a little lenient on the four, I counted his first four sentences as a single paragraph, so you don't need to shorten it any more, but you are still missing the link back to the original source.

Thanks.

Limit quoted stories to 4 "paragraphs" and link back to the original source. I was a little lenient on the four, I counted his first four sentences as a single paragraph, so you don't need to shorten it any more, but you are still missing the link back to the original source.

Thanks.

Wow. We're really getting strict on the crackdowns on this board. It was like a total of 14 sentences? I appreciated the post personally, though a link to the original source would have been nice.

Edit: I appreciated the post as well, but we can't re-post entire articles, and we have to provide a link back to the original source. It's a potential copyright issue that could impact the team and the individual user. ~The Captain

Edited by Captain Hi-Top
Clarification

Wow. We're really getting strict on the crackdowns on this board. It was like a total of 14 sentences? I appreciated the post personally, though a link to the original source would have been nice.

We really let things slide when it was just 4 of us yelling at eachother for most of the last year. Now, with the uptick in new members and general activity we're going back to how this forum was moderated from 06-12

Thanks.

Does a Bianchi quote count as a story? I hold his comments lower then most on this board.

I do not want Dwight to ever pull on a Magic jersey again. Not for the reason that he is a douche, but because I think he became a changed player after our Finals run. He went from being a high energy, rebound and defensive machine, to, a player who lost the energy and effort to contest and solely focused on Offense whilst shifting the blame for miss-guards and opponents scores, something he previously did not do. His whinging, complaining and attitude are not what we are about and are the polar opposite of what we are building.

A buddy of mine claims to have seen Dwight at a Hess on the west side of town last night. Whether it's true or not is another question, but he's a Celtics fan so...

I know what Dwight did to Orlando was BS but I think any of you would be fools to not want him back because we're the scorned lover. If you look at Cleveland, after 4 years, they got over it. It's only been 2 for Orlando and I think after another couple of years, we would be willing to welcome him back.

I'm imagining a scenario like

5-Howard

4-Vuc

3-Gordon

2-Dipo

1-Payton

I think any of you if you take out the Dwight bias, would take that and you know it.

Now Durant to Orlando is another discussion all together.

He is an immature fool.

If we never made an attempt to bring Shaq or T-Mac back, why in the hell would we try and bring Dwight back?

I know what Dwight did to Orlando was BS but I think any of you would be fools to not want him back because we're the scorned lover. If you look at Cleveland, after 4 years, they got over it. It's only been 2 for Orlando and I think after another couple of years, we would be willing to welcome him back.

I'm imagining a scenario like

5-Howard

4-Vuc

3-Gordon

2-Dipo

1-Payton

I think any of you if you take out the Dwight bias, would take that and you know it.

Now Durant to Orlando is another discussion all together.

Wow, that team is nowhere near what Dwight had here in Orlando.

I mean, admittedly, in 2 years time it should be better than the squad Dwight LEFT. But no way does that team compete with the '09 or '10 squads.

Wow, that team is nowhere near what Dwight had here in Orlando.

I mean, admittedly, in 2 years time it should be better than the squad Dwight LEFT. But no way does that team compete with the '09 or '10 squads.

How the ***** do you know weather a team in two years time will be better than a team back in history, no one knows.

At the end of the day Dwight Howard would never fit into the culture we are creating/ have created.

How the ***** do you know weather a team in two years time will be better than a team back in history, no one knows.

At the end of the day Dwight Howard would never fit into the culture we are creating/ have created.

Exactly. It's an unselfish culture that puts team before self and centers on a positive, giving, workman's attitude.

There is a reason that no one came to Houston this offseason. Dwight is not the type of guy men want to come play with, and I would argue that Harden isn't either (he left a great team because he wanted to be "the man.").

The '09 team went to the finals because the guys around Howard were mature and kept him in check (SVG, Jameer, Rashard, etc). Dwight coming in expecting to be a leader to a bunch of young guys and a young head coach wouldn't work at all.

• Upvote 1