Sign in to follow this  
Franchero MVP

Magic sign Channing Frye

First Ben Gordon and now Channing Frye. It's like Henny is going out of his way to sign players I hate.

The only complaint about this signing I agree with is that we didn't want to give Ryan Anderson a long term deal but 2 years later are giving Channing Frye a long term deal for almost as much as Ryan got.

I'm not saying that I'm a fan of the signing but the difference between this and Anderson is the two years we bottomed out to get the youth. Giving the same kind of contract to Anderson would have probably meant some more wins and hence worse picks the last two drafts.

• Upvote 1

Frye overpaid, Gordon overpaid, McBob overpaid, Avery Bradley overpaid. Starting to see a big pattern on this forum.

We had a lockout for nothing?

@sam_amick

Future Orlando Magic forward Channing Frye tells USAT: "I'm excited to join a great young team to grow with them to be apart of the future."

@Andrew_Melnick

With Frye on the court, Dragic’s FG% rose from 47% to 52.1%, his 3pt% skyrocketed from 29.1% to 46.7%:

• Upvote 1

I think that we could trade him 2 years after this season to a contender that's desperate for a spark. 33 is not a bad age and someone would take the remaining 2 years 16 (or less if it was closer to the deadline) for a shot at a deeper playoff run.

Relax, everyone ;)

Tyler Lashbrook @lashy · 12h

eric bledsoe was three net points better with frye on the floor. dragic was 3.4 net points better. frye frees up so much space in the lane.

Tyler Lashbrook @lashy · 12h

the suns, as a team, were 6.5 points better with frye on the floor. they were actually -.5 without him, +6 with him.