Sign in to follow this  
Franchero MVP

Magic sign Channing Frye

So much for getting rid of all the veterans and watching the "young guns" develop. Given the age of the player involved here, this one reminds me a little bit of Rashard Lewis. It's true that the money won't affect us this year, but that $8M may limit our options 2-3 years down the line.

Hope it works out ok.

That's exactly what this move does..... Let Frye start at the 4 and give his 25 minutes and Gordon will play 25 to 30 minutes between the 3 and the 4 position.... Why can't people see this............. We needed a 4 and Frye actually fills that need quite well.... He's a bridge..............

I did not realize that Frye sat out the 2012-2013 season with a heart issue, but this is what he brought to the Suns last season, where he played all 82 games! If he brings 3/4 of this with him to O'Town.............. Hennie possibly struck gold!!! We will see!

OPPS wait...did I just read all 4 years were guaranteed?? Hmmmmmmmm???

LINK:

We dont need to be paying any average player that much for a 4 year contract! This will be a regrettable deal. More and more questions with these moves. Ive been on Hennys side but this is an indescribably bad deal for the team. It reeks of panic! Its not Otis like but we are heading that way.

I have to say I'm a bit confused. Last week during the Parson's debate all I kept reading was that we're not going to make any moves that tie up cap space for the future on guys who are only a marginal improvement, guys that aren't part of our future. The Frye signing is all of those things, a guy that isn't going to make a huge difference, he's already 31, and his contract is four years. This is literally the exact scenario people were completely against just last week. I guess I just expected a little consistency. If this deal is truly guaranteed for all four years, it's a horrendous addition.

Unfortunately for some people we don't make the decision on what transactions take place. And fortunately for the franchise we don't make the decisions on them either. Could you imagine if we were the voice for the front office?

I guess let's wait and see what the numbers/options are before lighting the torches. Perhaps we're all just spoiled from stealing value players on reasonable contracts?

Anywho, in order to continue making ridiculous trades later this season... we actually need contracts to trade in the first place. Frye's game will age well, and he's a good fit for our team (as in, he'll have plenty of chances to put up numbers and increase his trade value).

I guess let's wait and see what the numbers/options are before lighting the torches. Perhaps we're all just spoiled from stealing value players on reasonable contracts?

Anywho, in order to continue making ridiculous trades later this season... we actually need contracts to trade in the first place. Frye's game will age well, and he's a good fit for our team (as in, he'll have plenty of chances to put up numbers and increase his trade value).

Fryes game will age just like Rashards did...ungracefully. Just think about it. If in the beginning of the summer I told you the Magic's big deals would be to add Channing Frye and Ben Gordon along with losing Phillys first and Payton/Aaron Gordon I think most of the board would have crucified the front office. It certainly looks as if we are doing out best to field a near playoff team and thats about it. Frye is a disaster. Its not the nail the coffin for me but Ive got the hammer in my hand. One more stupid (and it is what it is) move and Im jumping on the "Henny must go" bus.

Here's what a Pheonix fan had to say about the losing Frye on another forum.

"Every year he played for us he was 1st or 2nd on the team in net +/- per 48, and led the team in RPM and net +/- per 48 this year. We are going to miss him far more than ya'll know. His defense was better than most people thing (above average according to DRPM)

Great lockerroom guy, great intangibles guy, fantastic at spacing the floor. We may yet regret letting him go if we don't use the cap space on a player like Love in a trade."