Sign in to follow this  
the notorious S.A.C.

Does Henny know what he is doing poll?

71 members have voted

1. 1. Does Henny know what he is doing?

• Yes...he has a plan and is sticking to it. We will be fine
    • I'm not sure after the draft and questionable trades...Ill give him one more year.
    • No, he has not made good decisions and the team could be managed better by someone else. Its time to move on, I've seen enough.
    • He is Otis Smith 2.0...GET HIM OUT NOW! Ive had enough

Don't forget that Henny inherited a disaster left in by Otis before he got fired.

Within 1 year Henny cleaned up our payroll, and then took another year to reconstruct the team the way he sees fit, with young talent that have room to grow. This is the first time that the team is all Henny-built.

After we ring up another 20 something win season it will be interesting to see if Henny still has a plan in everyones eyes. Three years of being good god awful is a tough nut to swallow. Im not sure the ownership will enjoy a three quarters empty arena either. The time line for sucking will get real short as the season wears on. God help us if Exum goes off for a 20/10 in his first summer league game!

• Upvote 1

After we ring up another 20 something win season it will be interesting to see if Henny still has a plan in everyones eyes. Three years of being good god awful is a tough nut to swallow. Im not sure the ownership will enjoy a three quarters empty arena either. The time line for sucking will get real short as the season wears on. God help us if Exum goes off for a 20/10 in his first summer league game!

It must suck to have a pessimistic worldview

The Ben Gordon contract is the first Rob move that is legitimately worrying. It doesn't mean much now given it's a 2 year deal with a TO but if Rob is willing to give close to MLE money to guys who were among the worst players in the league then I'm concerned about what type of contracts he may give out in the future.

Remember that time Anthony Randolph scored 40 in a summer league game?

Or when someone suggested we trade Howard for Oden.

It's amazing how the same negative voices say the same thing... day after day... year after year.

Or when someone suggested we trade Howard for Oden.

It's amazing how the same negative voices say the same thing... day after day... year after year.

Ummm, we did have among the worst record in the league these past two years. People stating that aren't negative voices, they're just stating a fact that everyone acknowledges.

The differences of opinion are about where we're going in the future, and what the timeline is. Prior to last season, most people were saying we would start to turn it around after this past draft. Now I'm hearing it's a four year plan before we get better.

If the team starts showing improvement and it looks like they're developing some type of character, some identity, then I think people will be patient. If we have another year like the last two, I think people will be wondering what the Magic are doing, and the fan base will continue to wither.

Ummm, we did have among the worst record in the league these past two years. People stating that aren't negative voices, they're just stating a fact that everyone acknowledges.

The differences of opinion are about where we're going in the future, and what the timeline is. Prior to last season, most people were saying we would start to turn it around after this past draft. Now I'm hearing it's a four year plan before we get better.

If the team starts showing improvement and it looks like they're developing some type of character, some identity, then I think people will be patient. If we have another year like the last two, I think people will be wondering what the Magic are doing, and the fan base will continue to wither.

You haven't been here that long. Some people have been complaining for 6+ years

No, there are some voices on this forum that have been incredibly negative dating back years. Just looking at the poll, two voted negatively for Henny … and I'm pretty sure their identity is obvious to most of us.

I agree that we're in a rebuilding mode and we need to start trending upward. Still that trending upward involves developing young players, not necessarily immediate wins.

No, there are some voices on this forum that have been incredibly negative dating back years. Just looking at the poll, two voted negatively for Henny … and I'm pretty sure their identity is obvious to most of us.

I agree that we're in a rebuilding mode and we need to start trending upward. Still that trending upward involves developing young players, not necessarily immediate wins.

I voted Otis 2.0, but that should've been an obvious troll.

The Ben Gordon contract is the first Rob move that is legitimately worrying. It doesn't mean much now given it's a 2 year deal with a TO but if Rob is willing to give close to MLE money to guys who were among the worst players in the league then I'm concerned about what type of contracts he may give out in the future.

I would counter that by pointing out that the Magic have plenty of capspace to sign players now and Hennigan is using restraint by not committing to big long term contracts. If he is resisting the temptation to offer Haywood 12 million a season then I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt that he's not going to going Rashard Lewis on us again and bid against himself.

• Upvote 1

Ill admit my voice was incredibly negative since Otis outbid himself by 40 million bucks but I actually voted to give Henny time. Ive complimented him many times but at some point youve got to move into positive territory. At this point, Im not sure Im seeing anything positive in Orlando other than a guy collecting decent small to medium pieces. What happened to Henny saying this team would not be down long and we were NOT going into a prolonged rebuild? Ill give the guy credit for unearthing some decent players but for god sakes there are no pats on the back when youre essentially the worst team in the league. I would hope with all my Magic heart this team gels and gets 30-35 wins this year but I dont see it. Believe it or not its OK to have varied opinions...take a deep breath and consider other ideas...have an open mind. Im sure it was shocking to some when someone absolutely thought Otis was crashing our team repeatedly...but guess what HE WAS!

• Upvote 1