Sign in to follow this  
the notorious S.A.C.

Does Henny know what he is doing poll?

71 members have voted

1. 1. Does Henny know what he is doing?

• Yes...he has a plan and is sticking to it. We will be fine
    • I'm not sure after the draft and questionable trades...Ill give him one more year.
    • No, he has not made good decisions and the team could be managed better by someone else. Its time to move on, I've seen enough.
    • He is Otis Smith 2.0...GET HIM OUT NOW! Ive had enough

Soul, you and 4thewin do realize his plan includes the Magic having the worst record in the league the last two season's combined with a lot more losing still to come this year ???

Do you still like and or are on board with that plan ???

Yep.

Soul, you and 4thewin do realize his plan includes the Magic having the worst record in the league the last two season's combined with a lot more losing still to come this year ???

Do you still like and or are on board with that plan ???

Yes, 100%

Oh yeah well on 2k14 I've turned our team into:

Michael Carter-Williams

Victor Oladipo/Mo Harkless

Tobias Harris/Greek Freak

Zack Randolph

Marc Gasol

If Henny can't do that, he's gotta go.

Henny has a plan. He wants to build a young core that he can go forwards with. Draft his stars, and when the time comes, supplement it with veterans in free agency to build the bench. That is the road teams like OKC, Golden State, Portland, and San Antonio have taken. It takes time to build the roster with draft picks, and to stockpile talent to help the team move forwards. It also takes time for these young players to develop into the players that the GM hopes they can be. It won't happen overnight. It can take two, three, four years before you start to see the win column begin to light up. It is tough to take the losing seasons, but in the long run, it should be worth it.

Agreed....This seems to be the plan....Yesterday on ESPN Radio 580 Orlando Anez and company spent the whole show discussing the Magic....Talked about Jameer but mostly talking about Henny and questioning his decisions and his plan.

I thought Anez made a good point by bringing out that the last two years the Magic have had the worst record in the league....He said it has been a long two years and people are sick of the losing....He said with the roster we have now we are looking at another 20-win season.

He understood Henny's plan but felt like the younger generation could be more patient waiting for the team to progress and liked Rob's plan....He felt like the older generation couldn't handle the losing anymore, lol.

A good majority of the callers (and there were many) echoed his thoughts.

Not trying to be argumentative, Captain, but was wondering if you think Rob's plan will stand the test of time......?

I think it will and I think it's what needs to happen for this team to be successful moving forward. This wasn't just a change in players, it's a change to the way the team operates across the board. I've long felt that management, particularly ownership and higher ups have been the ultimate reason the Magic haven't been as successful as we hoped, as fans, that they would be, and it seems like Rob was brought in to right the ship, from the ground up.

So....4thewin, Soul Bro, HiTop ( the mods)....do you think Henny's plan is the best long or short term plan for this organization moving forward ??? ( as we discussed earlier in this thread ).

Without a doubt, I think his plan is the best for the long term success of this franchise. Short term? No, but making short term moves without a long term plan is part of the reason we ended up in the predicament we were in, and that needs to be corrected.

Without a doubt, I think his plan is the best for the long term success of this franchise. Short term? No, but making short term moves without a long term plan is part of the reason we ended up in the predicament we were in, and that needs to be corrected.

Short term moves without a long term plan is a recipe for having to buy out Hedo's contract.

WWPD?

What would Pelton do?

Draft more Kentucky players, I would assume.

• Upvote 1

I thought Anez made a good point by bringing out that the last two years the Magic have had the worst record in the league....He said it has been a long two years and people are sick of the losing....He said with the roster we have now we are looking at another 20-win season.

Don't forget that Henny inherited a disaster left in by Otis before he got fired.

Within 1 year Henny cleaned up our payroll, and then took another year to reconstruct the team the way he sees fit, with young talent that have room to grow. This is the first time that the team is all Henny-built.