Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

NBA Draft Grades - Negative (Pelton and Others)

Bianchi's MO is to annoy the crap out of all fan bases for attention. Unfortunately today's media companies don't care how you get clicks but only that you get them.

Bianchi and the Sentinel letting go of Tim Povtak is the reason I cancelled my subscription.

• Upvote 1

He has influence in the way a stop light does. When it's round, red, and in your face, you pretty much have to listen to it.

This is what I think...Agree.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I see the argument, but I also see how much cap space we have. I doubt the Magic are going to use it for a pizza party: that hole is going to be filled by a FA shooter who knows how to get his shot in the NBA.

At least that would be my bet.

I see the argument, but I also see how much cap space we have. I doubt the Magic are going to use it for a pizza party: that hole is going to be filled by a FA shooter who knows how to get his shot in the NBA.

At least that would be my bet.

My bet is we rent it for a draft pick

I can't read the Bianchi article as it seems to be Sentinal premium content, but would he have preferred the team draft a 19-year old PG with no college experience and a European who won't come over for another couple of years? I mean, it's entirely possible that that will turn out better in the long run than the route the team took (although I certainly hope that it won't), but it doesn't exactly scream "win now" to me.

Dude, you're just now figuring that out ????....Old news.....

Now quick, get busy !!!!.....Bring us the latest news from Magical and the boyz.....I am eagerly anticipating your latest installment of what Rob and the boyz are up to.

It's ironic how you used to have people reach out to me privately for the same thing you now publicly make fun of. I guess the fact that I never responded may have turned you off. Hopefully your attitude displayed in these forums answers any questions you may have of why I ignored those requests.

• Upvote 3

Dude, you're just now figuring that out ????....Old news.....

Now quick, get busy !!!!.....Bring us the latest news from Magical and the boyz.....I am eagerly anticipating your latest installment of what Rob and the boyz are up to.

Please don't sit here and pretend that you weren't the biggest wannabe insider on this forum a couple of years ago. Emailing every beat reporter who would respond back to you, hanging off of every word that Otis Smith's son said, sending pms to every insider on this forum to "compare notes" to include RevTY and Catman. Don't act like you are above being an insider because that's precisely what you were dying to be known as. Your claim to fame for all that hard work: "breaking the Brandon Bass signing" exactly 5 minutes before John Denton released his story on the subject. Good work.

Huh, I see Catman already called you on some of your nonsense.

• Upvote 3

Emory and Catman, lol....Look, I was Otis Jr.'s fitness coach...Kid was a little overweight....I had every reporter calling me to get scoop...And I didn't break the Bass signing it was Pietrus, lol...And the stocky back-up PG for that matter (Johnson I think was his name)....Denton called me about Pietrus because I had shared so much with him.

If you guys wanna keep sharing insider stories we can but I really don't think anybody cares nor wants to read it....And Emory, yes, there was a time I enjoyed being the board insider but I am so glad those days are over....Never want to do it again !...It's so much less stressful being just a regular poster.

Back on subject....

Leslie (forest hills)

I like what the magic were building pre draft and their potential. I was hoping for them to comeout with exum and hopefully trade aaflalo with #12 to moveup to 7-9 to get gordon/vonleh. That would've been an a+ draft for me and looking back, it looks very attainable. Gordon to me was like when okc drafted Westbrook, very talented but a semi project. What do you think they should've done and what grade do you give them.

Michael Wallace (1:52 PM)

I'm still trying to figure out why they essentially gave away Afflalo. You would think they could have gotten more for him. The Gordon pick was interesting. I have to see how that works out. They seem to have a couple of players in that same tweener position already on the roster.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/50808/nba-with-michael-wallace

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This was written in late March....Has quotes from Draft Express, Gordon's coach, Matt Moore of CBS Sports, Sports Illustrated and Bleacher Report....

Aaron Gordon is an intriguing NBA prospect, but is also a big risk based on not having a well-defined NBA position. He doesn’t have the offensive game yet to be a starting small forward, and isn’t strong enough to be an every-game power forward. Athletically he compares favorably with Griffin and Kenneth Faried, but lacks their strength and bulk. Gordon is still a teenager, and he has a sturdy frame, so he should be able to add muscle. But if it affects his overall athleticism, it would produce diminishing returns. He has a wealth of upside, but he’s an extremely risky top ten pick in such a deep draft. In my opinion, Gordon could benefit greatly from another year in school, but the lure of the NBA will be too tempting for him. Despite all his flaws, I still see him being taken in the 7-12 range.

Interesting read.....For the rest go here:

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2014/03/prospect-profile-gordon.html

• Downvote 2

Bianchi's MO is to annoy the crap out of all fan bases for attention. Unfortunately today's media companies don't care how you get clicks but only that you get them.

Bianchi and the Sentinel letting go of Tim Povtak is the reason I cancelled my subscription.

My story has a lot in common with yours! I met Tim Povtak while he was still employed by the Slanteniel, along with the JHill who I thought hated the Magic, and she pretty much admitted that daily! But when they released Tim, I also canceled them all together!

This was written in late March....Has quotes from Draft Express, Gordon's coach, Matt Moore of CBS Sports, Sports Illustrated and Bleacher Report....

Aaron Gordon is an intriguing NBA prospect, but is also a big risk based on not having a well-defined NBA position. He doesn’t have the offensive game yet to be a starting small forward, and isn’t strong enough to be an every-game power forward. Athletically he compares favorably with Griffin and Kenneth Faried, but lacks their strength and bulk. Gordon is still a teenager, and he has a sturdy frame, so he should be able to add muscle. But if it affects his overall athleticism, it would produce diminishing returns. He has a wealth of upside, but he’s an extremely risky top ten pick in such a deep draft. In my opinion, Gordon could benefit greatly from another year in school, but the lure of the NBA will be too tempting for him. Despite all his flaws, I still see him being taken in the 7-12 range.

Interesting read.....For the rest go here:

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2014/03/prospect-profile-gordon.html

The writer seriously believes he was an "extremely risky pick" in the top 10? The kid would have been selected first overall in last years draft. He has no idea what he is talking about.

He has influence in the way a stop light does. When it's round, red, and in your face, you pretty much have to listen to it.

I find this analogy offensive to stop lights; they serve an important purpose to society.

• Upvote 1