Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

NBA Draft Grades - Negative (Pelton and Others)

Bianchi is a complete and utter tool. You really don't want to use him as a reference to support your case, even if he loved the picks. I'll trust Henny and my own opinion everyday over Bianchi.

Edit to add: Was Bianchi under the impression we'd be walking away with two NBA veterans from this draft? He does realize the top five picks were under the age of 20, as were 7 of the top 10, right? We were going to be developing players regardless of who we selected. Are you beginning to see why Bianchi is not the guy to reference?

Bianchi pays attention to UF football and even then he is a total homer. The fact that he is paid to talk about sports blows my mind...the fact that they doubled this by also putting him on the radio with a voice that makes nails on a chalk board sound like soothing ocean sounds is one of the great mysterys of the universe.

Popping back on here from a work meeting...

Junkie, I love that you're posting, even when you're disagreeing with the majority. You often bring in various articles, too, which all leads to passionate discussion. Regarding the draft, the irony is I think Gordon will end up your favorite player on the Magic. Too much young Amare in him in athleticism and position, which you obviously know well. Go Magic!

Popping back on here from a work meeting...

Junkie, I love that you're posting, even when you're disagreeing with the majority. You often bring in various articles, too, which all leads to passionate discussion. Regarding the draft, the irony is I think Gordon will end up your favorite player on the Magic. Too much young Amare in him in athleticism and position, which you obviously know well. Go Magic!

I second this. Discussion is what fuels the boards. I hated the few weeks in May when I felt like I was talking to myself.

I'll bet anything that AG & E become consistent shooters and at least a 70%FT shooters. These guys don't have it now, but they have the work ethic to get there, as does Oladipo, Harris, and Nicholson. You already see what Harkless has done in just 1 offseason.

You can teach shooting, but you can't teach the hustle, passion, work ethic, and love for the game they have.

Amen

I like when Junkie posts too. Well should I say - shares with us quotes from ESPN. I am not sure he is capable of forming his own opinion.

• Upvote 1

I like when Junkie posts too. Well should I say - shares with us quotes from ESPN. I am not sure he is capable of forming his own opinion.

Dude, you're just now figuring that out ????....Old news.....

Now quick, get busy !!!!.....Bring us the latest news from Magical and the boyz.....I am eagerly anticipating your latest installment of what Rob and the boyz are up to.

• Downvote 1

Bianchi used to routinely mine our boards for story ideas. So, consider that when you use him as a source, you may be using yourself. Whoa, I think I just Bucher'd myself!

That was great. Which free agent was involved with that?

Didn't Ping do the same thing in 2010

In regards to Bianchi...The people here know he isn't a source....But his articles are read by many....Has a large influence over the Orlando population in general, imo.

• Downvote 1

In regards to Bianchi...The people here know he isn't a source....But his articles are read by many....Has a large influence over the Orlando population in general, imo.

A newspaper writer?

Is is 1994 again and no one told me?

He has influence in the way a stop light does. When it's round, red, and in your face, you pretty much have to listen to it.