Sign in to follow this  
magicblue

Welcome to Orlando, Elfrid Payton!

Watch Blake Griffen in College then watch Aaron Gordon in college ... The dunks are identical and to think Gordon has more athletic ability is scary. Also I would say Gordon's D might be better and if he can find that mid range shot we're in for a treat! I'm drooling over here so I'll stop

Yeah, I think Gordon could walk onto a NBA court tomorrow and be a better defender than Griffin. Lets hope his offensive game improves like Griffin's did.

Yeah, I think Gordon could walk onto a NBA court tomorrow and be a better defender than Griffin. Lets hope his offensive game improves like Griffin's did.

Hes shot form and release is very good imo. I think that is half the battle to improving shooting.

Some scouts compared him to Gary Payton... I sure hope he lives up to that. Anyway yea I'm a fan, he lead the NCAA in FTA's last year apparently which is awesome. I wanna see him getting in that paint and using his vision to get us some open looks.

Elfrid is more Rod Strickland than Gary Payton

Somethin that I really like about Payton is that he gets in the lane and gets to the line. He was #3 in Division I basketball last season for free throw attempts. And seeing as how we were ranked 26 out of 30 teams at getting to the free throw line should help us. Plus moving Oladipo to SG should allow him to focus more on attacking and also getting to the free throw line. More free throw attempts yield more points and open up the perimeter for our shooters (which I'm not sure who I'd consider a "shooter" for us right now). BUt, overall, we should get to the stripe more often this year... at least on paper

Can't wait to see Elf play in the summer league with Dipo and Gordon. Those three are gonna be fun to watch.