CTMagicUK

Summer League Thread

That's too much for Harris. At least right now.

He's got alot of room to improve.

8mm is not too much at all. Remember the cap is going up to 80 mm in 2 years. That makes 8 million more like 5-6mm.

8mm to extend Harris would be a huge win for the Magic. Don't kid yourself. Harris has the potential to kill at PF now that Gordon is here and able to play next to him closer to the rim and guard the SFs.

8mm is not too much at all. Remember the cap is going up to 80 mm in 2 years. That makes 8 million more like 5-6mm.

8mm to extend Harris would be a huge win for the Magic. Don't kid yourself. Harris has the potential to kill at PF now that Gordon is here and able to play next to him closer to the rim and guard the SFs.

Absolutely agree. Hopefully Harris's agent would be agreeable with those numbers, too. ElfridMVP needs to check out what you get for that kind of money in the current CBA, but he's probably too busy trying to find out who said we need to give Harris max money, which will be 20 million per in 2 years for a player with less than 6 years.

ElfridMVP needs to check out what you get for that kind of money in the current CBA, but he's probably too busy trying to find out who said we need to give Harris max money, which will be 20 million per in 2 years for a player with less than 6 years.

Oh be quiet. I saw someone addressing it as a reply, so I thought he was replying to someone that had mentioned it in one of the previous pages.

Do you really think it was implausible for someone to suggest something like that? On a public forum? Where we read, ad-nauseam, the most ridiculous things from the most ridiculous posters?

Bottom line: Harris needs to improve vastly this season, on defense, rebounding and offense (specifically his 3% shooting) if he wants to take some of our cap room.

Oh be quiet. I saw someone addressing it as a reply, so I thought he was replying to someone that had mentioned it in one of the previous pages.

Do you really think it was implausible for someone to suggest something like that? On a public forum? Where we read, ad-nauseam, the most ridiculous things from the most ridiculous posters?

Bottom line: Harris needs to improve vastly this season, on defense, rebounding and offense (specifically his 3% shooting) if he wants to take some of our cap room.

My guess is that you did not read the 6 posts after Lavar mentioned that someone said we should give max money to Harris. If you did, all I can say is duh.

There's a nice little article on the Magic's website about O Quinn and the work he's doing this offseason. Kyle has really become one of my favorite players, primarily due to his personality off the court (and the beard) and I know he's a guy who I'll always be rooting for to stick around in the NBA whether we keep him past this season or whether he moves on.

There's a nice little article on the Magic's website about O Quinn and the work he's doing this offseason. Kyle has really become one of my favorite players, primarily due to his personality off the court (and the beard) and I know he's a guy who I'll always be rooting for to stick around in the NBA whether we keep him past this season or whether he moves on.

Agreed. His on court production is also way better than we could have realistically hoped for. He's a hard working, high energy big with good character, who likely won't command a big check. I hope he stays around.

I like Kyle. The dude plays hard and after the all star game he averaged 9 points and 7 rebounds a game for us in a back up role. He will probably never be a starter in the league, but I hope there's a place for him on this team because of his effort, attitude, and he has shown continued improvement in his game.

• Upvote 1

The NBA rookies gathered in New York this past weekend for the annual rookie symposium and meetings along with the fan-favorite Panini American trading card photo shoot. There were a lot of fun videos coming out of that and we got to see some of the incredible personalities from this rookie class — including Magic rookies Elfrid Payton and Aaron Gordon.

This was a much-celebrated and much-hyped rookie class. There was a lot of excitement and remains a lot of excitement for what many of these players can do.

As part of the annual rookie get-together, John Schumann of NBA.com conducted his poll of the rookies for their projections of what their colleagues and draft-mates will do. The results were somewhat expected — Jabari Parker is expected to win Rookie of the Yearand have the most successful career, much like Victor Oladipo was projected to after last year.

Where did the fourth and 10th overall picks land in the rookie poll?

Not well. Not certainly among the top rookies this year.

http://network.yardb...gordon/16996172

Also, completely random and off topic but I thought everybody might fancy a laugh at Howard and the Rockets:

Simonas Baranauskas @LithuaniaBasket

D-Mo on relationships with Howard and Harden: "Hi & bye. They even eat separately from the team. Usually in some fast food place." #Rockets

EDIT: Turns out this was twisted pretty heavily (http://deadspin.com/game-of-telephone-unfairly-paints-howard-and-harden-as-1618446599).

Another funny off topic: the Pistons may be hiring Otis Smith for their d-league team.

That's probably a perfect fit for him. His biggest strength was always his relationships with the players.