CTMagicUK

Summer League Thread

Nerlens Noel is one impressive player !!!...Not that his stats jump off the page at you but what an athletic big and boy does he ever effect games from a defensive standpoint.

The NBATV guys have basically spent the whole 1st half talking about his defensive presence.....Man, if Noel continues with good health he will easily be the best player in last years draft.....Sorry for the fans of Olidipo.

And it's not a bash on Victor....Noel is just potentially a better player....Will have an effect on winning and losing more so than Victor because he can protect the rim....If I was Henny I would have drafted him no questions asked last year and twice on Sunday.

As I'm typing this the announcers are talking to the Sixers GM about Noel right now.....

players who have the ball in their hands have more impact on the game, your bias against hennigan and every move he makes is just too hard for you to hide

Jesus Christ Ball Junkie, you disappear for two years when we are meant to be bad and then re-appear when it is time for us to make a move back up the ladder. You have got to be the most negative poster on all forums, for all sports I have ever seen. Are you sure you are even a Magic supporter? It is good to analyze a team, but all you do is post he said, she said hater comments (Your mate Pelton!). Jump ship, go follow the 76ers who you seem to have a crush on. If/when Henny's plan comes to light in the years to come, it is going to be great to rub your face in it.

• Upvote 1

Jesus Christ Ball Junkie, you disappear for two years when we are meant to be bad and then re-appear when it is time for us to make a move back up the ladder. You have got to be the most negative poster on all forums, for all sports I have ever seen. Are you sure you are even a Magic supporter? It is good to analyze a team, but all you do is post he said, she said hater comments (Your mate Pelton!). Jump ship, go follow the 76ers who you seem to have a crush on. If/when Henny's plan comes to light in the years to come, it is going to be great to rub your face in it.

I also look forward to that day (at least from a Noel/Olidipo perspective).....You are criticizing me for not believing in all things Henny does.....Yet, you use the word "if" when talking about the same thing( Henny's plan)....I think that's pretty telling.

Just a quick note I'd like to throw out there. I listened to the post game/scrimmage interviews and Aaron Gordon said he is much more comfortable at the 3 as its a little easier to see his role/moves out on the court. He said he's still learning the 4 but IMO its more of a bruising position and he needs to add on weight/muscle if he wants that.

Also heard that in Wes Unseld Jr.'s post game tidbit that they see Aaron at the 3 mainly but he could slide to the 4 if needed but from this game on he will be at the 3 for sure.

Ohh and btw Marble... "He can flat out Bucket"

Just a quick note I'd like to throw out there. I listened to the post game/scrimmage interviews and Aaron Gordon said he is much more comfortable at the 3 as its a little easier to see his role/moves out on the court. He said he's still learning the 4 but IMO its more of a bruising position and he needs to add on weight/muscle if he wants that.

Also heard that in Wes Unseld Jr.'s post game tidbit that they see Aaron at the 3 mainly but he could slide to the 4 if needed but from this game on he will be at the 3 for sure.

Ohh and btw Marble... "He can flat out Bucket"

Meh...Don't like Aaron at the 3. Sounds like that's what they want. I was more excited about him at the 4.

Meh...Don't like Aaron at the 3. Sounds like that's what they want. I was more excited about him at the 4.

I think he starts as a 3 and grows into a 4.

The Magic like cross training players much like playing Dipo at PG for much of the season before moving him to SG. It will only help his development learning skills at various positions.

• Upvote 1

I think he starts as a 3 and grows into a 4.

The Magic like cross training players much like playing Dipo at PG for much of the season before moving him to SG. It will only help his development learning skills at various positions.

Sort of like they did with Dwight, who actually played at the PF for most of the first two years.

The combination of Aaron Gordon's terrible shooting + his offensive mentality (he acts like he's Ray Allen or something) is really bothering me.

Someone talk me off the ledge, I know it's just SL but the panic is real.

I couldn't be happier with Payton or Marble though.

The combination of Aaron Gordon's terrible shooting + his offensive mentality (he acts like he's Ray Allen or something) is really bothering me.

Very happy with Marble as well so far. Payton, love his defensive effort. He seems timid on the offensive end in regards to taking his own shot. I can't remember seeing a jump shot from him yet, though I'm sure he's taken one. As for Gordon, I also love his defensive efforts. But offensively, absolute disaster. When he's bringing the ball up the court or trying to act like he's a one or a two, crossing people up and trying to take it to the rim, he's just awful. As of right now, he probably has the worst offensive game (including free throws) out of all #4 picks in the last decade (Cody Zellar, Dion Waiters, Tristan Thompson, Wesley Johnson, Tyreke Evans, Russel Westbrook, Mike Conley Jr, Tyrus Thomas, Chris Paul, Shaun Livingston). But he's not yet 19 years old, so plenty of room to develop. But we, as a team, are still years away from being competitive with the team we have right now.

He is 18 years old and has only been coached for a week by an NBA assistant. Kid is a hard worker but extremely raw in all aspects.

If you see the same stuff next year in summer league then we might have a problem but a full year in our development program will do him wonders.