CTMagicUK

Summer League Thread

Are you familiar with this website?

http://www.basketbal...prob.html?redir

They show the probability of a player being voted into the hall of fame. Marion's probability is 26.53%, one spot above.......Steve Francis at 26.46%.

Shawn Marion was nothing more than a good role player who had the good fortune of playing in Mike D'Antoni's stat padding system with some good point guards in Jason Kidd, Stephon Marbury, and Steve Nash. His stats dropped considerably once he left Phoenix.

Lulz

Stephon Marbury.....and great point guard...in the same sentence..........jokes.

Riding through Orlando yesterday and listening to Anez at ESPN Radio Orlando....

He was talking about watching the Magic's first summer league game over the weekend and following twitter at the same time....Said he couldn't believe the number of people saying that Payton was a bust and that Rob should have drafted Exum.....Then Anez started yelling in my radio....

PEOPLE !!....IT'S JUST THE FIRST SUMMER LEAGUE GAME !!!...LOL

Needless to say I was very humored.....

He went on to say the only guy he's ever seen play in summer league who he immediately knew was a bust was Jerryl Sasser....Anez continued, I was watching him play and thinking to myself, this guy really can't play a lick....lol.....He is really entertaining to listen too !

By the way, anybody remember who drafted Sasser ???

Riding through Orlando yesterday and listening to Anez at ESPN Radio Orlando....

He was talking about watching the Magic's first summer league game over the weekend and following twitter at the same time....Said he couldn't believe the number of people saying that Payton was a bust and that Rob should have drafted Exum.....Then Anez started yelling in my radio....

PEOPLE !!....IT'S JUST THE FIRST SUMMER LEAGUE GAME !!!...LOL

Needless to say I was very humored.....

He went on to say the only guy he's ever seen play in summer league who he immediately knew was a bust was Jerryl Sasser....Anez continued, I was watching him play and thinking to myself, this guy really can't play a lick....lol.....He is really entertaining to listen too !

By the way, anybody remember who drafted Sasser ???

That was John Gabriel on the advice of Doc Rivers. He touted Sasser as an "Iverson stopper". Doc had too much influence on player personnel. He was the one that wanted Ameachi over Ben Wallace too.

• Upvote 1

Payton has a chance to get a lot of minutes and be a starter sooner than I thought with the arrival of Frye.

Payton was a breath of fresh air yesterday. He still has to work on handles, but he's got good instincts, passing ability, and court vision. He's a player that will get confident with each game; and as his confidence grows, he'll grow into a very good PG.

Looking forward to see how he does from game to game this week.

Marbury career PER 18.7, TS% 52.8%

Kidd career PER 17.9, TS% 50.7%

I can't believe someone is really trying to make the case for Marbury...

You mean Starbury...lol. I still think Minnesota screwed up when they broke him and KG up.

People forget how good Marion was. He was the Duncan stopper and was on multiple all nba third teams.

Yet you fawn all over Marion. Marbury was on multiple all-nba third teams as well.