Sign in to follow this  
Big Pony

Goodbye

I was never really here but I'm out as well.

This franchise won't exist in 5 years.

If you watch more than 20 magic games a year you're clinically insane.

This is the problem with mock drafts. We just drafted the youngest guy in the draft, a 6'9" (and still growing) uber athletic, defensive minded, PF to pair with Vuc, and a guy that many teams reportedly had ranked higher than Marcus Smart and people are upset and calling for Hennigan's head? We have no idea what happened in the workouts but its pretty clear Gordon must have shown them something that was just too good to pass up. Am I let down because I had my heart set on Exum, sure I am. But guess what, that's my own damn fault...there's no guarantees in the draft and to fall in love with a player that I've never even seen play a full game is just kind of, you know, stupid.

• Upvote 2

A bunch of people who have barely posted in the 2 years I've been here are now telling us they're "out"... I've never known most of them be "in". I'll tell you what though it sure will be interesting to see how many of them come crawling back if we start making the playoffs.

A bunch of people who have barely posted in the 2 years I've been here are now telling us they're "out"... I've never known most of them be "in". I'll tell you what though it sure will be interesting to see how many of them come crawling back if we start making the playoffs.

That's the weird part. People who weren't all that invested in the first place are jumping ship. I mean, people can do what they want and posting on a message board doesn't necessarily define their fandom. But if you don't represent your fandom on this message board, why post on a message board when you're done with the team?

This is the problem with mock drafts. We just drafted the youngest guy in the draft, a 6'9" (and still growing) uber athletic, defensive minded, PF to pair with Vuc, and a guy that many teams reportedly had ranked higher than Marcus Smart and people are upset and calling for Hennigan's head? We have no idea know what happened in the workouts but its pretty clear Gordon must have shown them something that was just to good to pass up. Am I let down because I had my heart set on Exum, sure I am. But guess what, that's my own damn fault...there's no guarantees in the draft and to fall in love with a player that I've never even seen play a full game is just kind of, you know, stupid.

Best post of the draft. None of us have access to a fraction of the information that Hennigan and his staff do. I wanted Exum too. But, why? Because he's a 6'6" PG that brings back images of Penny when I used to sit in the old O-Rena and the Magic were the talk of the NBA and the Magic desperately need a PG right now. All I know about Exum is that he's Australian, a lot of on line posts project him to be awesome, and I watched a few YouTube clips. Same goes for Payton too. I've NEVER seen Payton play so who am I to know how he projects in the NBA. I did see Gordon a few times and the kid does jump out of the gym and hustles.

Listen, I was at the O-Rena the night we traded Chris Webber for Penny. Pat Williams came out to the crowd with a cardboard standup of Penny and the fans were about to lynch him and leave him for dead we were so pissed. Those same fans went ape-shyt for Penny once the games started. The moral is I know enough to know I'm not qualified to project who will be an NBA star. I'm qualified to be a pissed off fan down the road if it turns out Hennigan made the wrong decisions.

• Upvote 1

people will always be butthurt when their man crush doesn't get picked. Honestly I was a little sad but once I dug deeper and really looked at AA-RON i slowly got a grin on my face because henny is building something great here. Its not going to happen over night but he has a plan and its looking nice. We got our PG he is taller than 6'1 LOL since that's an issue and we got a rim protector and someone who understands the game will never be a 25 ppg player but will put in 13 7 2 4 blocks a game type player.

I think the biggest issue was people wanted a player that wows at 1 thing instead we went after a player that can affect multiple parts of the game and especially our game.

Best post of the draft. None of us have access to a fraction of the information that Hennigan and his staff do. I wanted Exum too. But, why? Because he's a 6'6" PG that brings back images of Penny when I used to sit in the old O-Rena and the Magic were the talk of the NBA and the Magic desperately need a PG right now. All I know about Exum is that he's Australian, a lot of on line posts project him to be awesome, and I watched a few YouTube clips. Same goes for Payton too. I've NEVER seen Payton play so who am I to know how he projects in the NBA. I did see Gordon a few times and the kid does jump out of the gym and hustles.

Listen, I was at the O-Rena the night we traded Chris Webber for Penny. Pat Williams came out to the crowd with a cardboard standup of Penny and the fans were about to lynch him and leave him for dead we were so pissed. Those same fans went ape-shyt for Penny once the games started. The moral is I know enough to know I'm not qualified to project who will be an NBA star. I'm qualified to be a pissed off fan down the road if it turns out Hennigan made the wrong decisions.

I was in the Arena that night too. It was such a strange night and I was one of the few not booing because I had fallen in love with Hardaway having watched several Memphis State games that year. Can't say the same here because I've only seen Gordon and Payton each play once but it does seem like a very similar situation.

I think completely jumping ship is ridiculous but I also think jumping on people for not be thrilled about a draft and trading AA is also ridiculous.

I think for me, I'm fine with the picks. It's not having THAT player and knowing we're not going to get THAT player for a few years that irks me.