Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Affalo Trade Grade from ESPN....

Orlando Magic: "C"

Getting only Fournier and a second-rounder for Afflalo feels disappointing compared to the tantalizing rumors we've heard during the past week: Afflalo for the No. 11 pick from Denver, or as part of a trade to move up to the No. 1 pick. As Grantland's Zach Lowe noted on Twitter, Magic GM Rob Hennigan is known for his diligence, and it's unlikely he simply didn't follow through on greater offers. Afflalo's trade value is probably overstated.

That being the case, the follow-up question is why Orlando was in such a hurry to move Afflalo. He blocked Victor Oladipo's path to the starting lineup, certainly, but the Magic might have been able to start both players together or wait out the summer and see if a shooting guard became a more desperate need for a team following free agency.

The biggest asset Orlando gains in this deal (cap space) is one it already had in abundance. Orlando can now clear about $20 million under the cap by waiving Nelson, whose salary this season is just $2 million guaranteed. Perhaps there are future moves contingent on that space. We'll see.

The Magic also get a lottery ticket in Fournier, the 20th overall pick in the 2012 draft who won't turn 22 until just before opening night. As a 20-year-old rookie, Fournier gave the Nuggets good minutes after Danilo Gallinari's season-ending ACL injury, showing the ability to cross-match and successfully defend point guards -- something that might be useful as part of a backcourt pairing with Oladipo. Last season, Fournier's shooting percentages dipped both inside and outside the arc, and he dropped below replacement level. He's projected barely above that mark for 2014-15.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11139294/trade-grades-orlando-magic-arron-afflalo-denver-nuggets

Arron was our best trade piece and I would have to agree with the initial grade. Thought we would net something different.

Arron back to Denver.

Chandler back to Dallas.

Is this a new trend? Probably Not.

*Apparently Samsung thinks Arron should be Arrow instead.

Arrow was our best trade piece and I would have to agree with the initial grade. Thought we would net something different.

Arrow back to Denver.

Chandler back to Dallas.

Is this a new trend? Probably Not.

A source says that we'll sign VC again

I love Fournier but this trade doesn't make sense unless something else is up. This trade would have been there 6 months from now

Taj Gibson or Nash + the 7th and I'll be happy

Kevin Pelton has not been very good with any thing he has said, so Ill hedge my bets that Fournier becomes a steal for us and develops into our 6th man.

Furthermore, heck yes there are more moves to make. We can play in FA this year if we want and get aggressive on Hayward or Parsons now. We freed up a lot of money with this trade AND got a guy who is underrated.

Classic Henny trade.

Pelton will eat his words and no one will care in 6 months.

Kevin Pelton has not been very good with any thing he has said, so Ill hedge my bets that Fournier becomes a steal for us and develops into our 6th man.

Furthermore, heck yes there are more moves to make. We can play in FA this year if we want and get aggressive on Hayward or Parsons now. We freed up a lot of money with this trade AND got a guy who is underrated.

Classic Henny trade.

Pelton will eat his words and no one will care in 6 months.

I rather not sign any FA's. Just keep the cap space in case a trade comes up or get ready to court Durant in 2016.