Sign in to follow this  
LaVar

Welcome: Evan Fournier

I came up with the same comp. we're racist.

I wouldn't say that - they are both European SG. I think it is a fairer comparison right now than the Ginobili comps I have seen. On the other hand, a floor of Belinelli and ceiling of Ginobili isn't a bad room to be in. I still think we sold AA cheap, but if this kid develops closer to his ceiling it may even out.

I wouldn't say that - they are both European SG. I think it is a fairer comparison right now than the Ginobili comps I have seen. On the other hand, a floor of Belinelli and ceiling of Ginobili isn't a bad room to be in. I still think we sold AA cheap, but if this kid develops closer to his ceiling it may even out.

we did not want to take on salary

we could have gotten the bob cats late 1st round pick and Henderson but I dont think we wanted to take on his contract. We are saving for something.

AA will be selfish like Carmelo later on. Better for him to be sent to Shaw.

Don't know much about this new guy, but just have to see during the season. 82 games to prove himself.

It may even out if he developed close to Ginobli??

LOL..my god people overrate Afflalo way too much.

Ran some numbers on Fournier looking at just the games he played at least 20 minutes last year (36 games)

PTS: 12.8

FGM: 4.6

FGA: 10.7

FG%: 43%

3PTM: 1.7

3PTA: 4.6

3PT%: 38%

FTM: 2.0

FTA: 2.5

FT%: 78%

REB: 3.9

AST: 2.1

BLK: 0.2

STL: 0.7

TO: 1.9

Not bad for a backup SG. I'm assuming he'll be backing Oladipo going forward but should get some minutes if we run Oladipo at PG while Payton acclimates to the NBA

• Upvote 1

After two years in the league, Fournier has developed at a faster pace than Afflalo did. He's cheaper, younger and under team control for a longer period of time. It was just a typical moneyball move by Henny. I just wish we got a better draft pick compensation too, I don't think this Marble kid has NBA ability but we'll see.

It may even out if he developed close to Ginobli??

LOL..my god people overrate Afflalo way too much.

I didn't say close to his ceiling, I said closer - meaning closer to his ceiling than his floor.