Sign in to follow this  
Ibn Battuta

The Big 4 Idea

ESPN released an article about Carmelo being recruited by the Heat. Personally, if the Heat pulled it off it would be the coolest/funniest thing to ever happen in the NBA. I can just envision all the vitriol directed at the Heat as cheaters, babies, uncompetitive, etc. And I think this talk of would it "ruin the league" is really premature. Wade is declining, Bosh is not Toronto Bosh anymore, and Allen is at the end of his career. Even James is getting up their in age, and he has a lot of miles on his legs.

Of course this affects us. If the Heat do this, do we tank for a few more years and unleash our superstars ala the Spurs? do we come up with our own "big" supporting cast? Orlando is still a very desirable place to play in.

ESPN released an article about Carmelo being recruited by the Heat. Personally, if the Heat pulled it off it would be the coolest/funniest thing to ever happen in the NBA. I can just envision all the vitriol directed at the Heat as cheaters, babies, uncompetitive, etc. And I think this talk of would it "ruin the league" is really premature. Wade is declining, Bosh is not Toronto Bosh anymore, and Allen is at the end of his career. Even James is getting up their in age, and he has a lot of miles on his legs.

Of course this affects us. If the Heat do this, do we tank for a few more years and unleash our superstars ala the Spurs? do we come up with our own "big" supporting cast? Orlando is still a very desirable place to play in.

No we don't tank for a few years. Our team will be peaking 4 years from now. I would be shocked if lebron was playing at this level in 4 years.

I doubt that a "big 4" ever happens. I could see Melo and LeBron playing together at some point but I doubt both Bosh and Wade will be there as well. If it does happen though I don't like it.

see i don't see it that way. until we get 2 or 3 of those superstar players we far away from "peaking" but I like the idea of adding via free agency.

Pat Riley...king of the hypocritesAnd the Heat president delivered a strongly worded message for Heat superstar LeBron James in the wake of the team's NBA Finals loss to the San Antonio Spurs.

"This stuff is hard. And you got to stay together, if you've got the guts. And you don't find the first door and run out of it," Riley said Thursday at his annual end-of-the-season news conference.

LOL. You are right Pat, you don't run out the first door when things get tough. Just ask noted NBA stay together non-door runner outers Chris Bosh and Lebron James how they feel about it. I think we all remember them staying through the tough times in Toronto and Cleveland and leading their teams to the championship.

I can't see this working at all. The Heat had off and on ball movement struggles last season and adding someone who needs the ball so much will completely worsen the problem. Also if Lebron and Bosh are looking to get paid, I can't see the Heat affording to pay Melo as well.