Sign in to follow this  
nCoolness

Rick Adelman retires. SVG a candidate for head Coaching spot.

Doubt SVG leaves Florida for Minnesota. Especially for a team whos best player doesnt play defense.

Plus he has a pretty good radio gig right now with Le Batard.

Doubt SVG leaves Florida for Minnesota. Especially for a team whos best player doesnt play defense.

Yeah, based on the few relevant articles i've read, he seems pretty happy with family life here. This certainly isn't the dream job to leave town for.

I don't think SVG leaves for any team. He has enough money, and while he misses the competition, coming into either the Minnesota or Detroit situation is not optimal in terms of weather and raising a family. Perhaps he could coach Golden State, as that is a good situation, but something tells me his rough personality will rub Stephen Curry and Andre Igudala the wrong way, especially in comparison to Marc Jackson's "player's coach" personality they have enjoyed during the season.

I don't think SVG leaves for any team. He has enough money, and while he misses the competition, coming into either the Minnesota or Detroit situation is not optimal in terms of weather and raising a family. Perhaps he could coach Golden State, as that is a good situation, but something tells me his rough personality will rub Stephen Curry and Andre Igudala the wrong way, especially in comparison to Marc Jackson's "player's coach" personality they have enjoyed during the season.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10928605/stan-van-gundy-detroit-pistons-agree-5-year-35-million-deal