Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2014 Free Agency Watch Thread

I wanted to create a thread dedicated to watching the 2014 free agents. If someone could, please post how much available jack we may have next summer.

Given that he did not sign an extension, I'll be watching Bledsoe. You?

The lowest amount of committed salary is reported to be between 33 and 36 million. Different sites have different figures and some show players as having team options while others show partially-guaranteed contracts.

The most salary we would have committed on the books is 45 million. That's with us keeping the entire team. Al Harrington, q-rich, hedo come off the books.

These numbers are all ballpark figures and may be totally inaccurate. We should have somewhere between 10-24 million available.

Don't know when he comes off his rookie contract, but Bismack Biyombo is a guy I really like and would like to see us obtain through FA or possibly trade. Charlotte has a fairly deep front court with Jefferson and Cody Zeller on board and he's seemingly going to be the odd man out once Jefferson returns from injury. He's raw, but very athletic and a great shot blocker...he's got a little Ibaka in him and I like that. Seems like a guy that would be on Henny's radar...young, athletic, and fits a need moving forward. I'd actually trade our 2nd 2014 first rounder for him (prefer not to, but would) as there's no one in this draft in the late teens/early twenties that brings what I believe Biyombo could for us.