Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2014 Free Agency Watch Thread

Utah has to overpay because they couldn't attract a player of Hayward's caliber in the free agent market. So my assumption is they will match.

Utah has to overpay because they couldn't attract a player of Hayward's caliber in the free agent market. So my assumption is they will match.

Most definitely. And if that happens, it would be a small pain to Charlotte because im sure they would then go after Parsons.

Most definitely. And if that happens, it would be a small pain to Charlotte because im sure they would then go after Parsons.

It will be a slightly bigger pain, as I'm sure Utah will wait the entire allotted time they have before matching the deal, making sure to tie up that money for the Bobcats as long as possible as a "thank-you" for offering him a max contract. Parsons might be off the table by then.

I want to see both of them sign with new teams :D/>

I would also like to see us sign a PG to a 1 year contract to mentor Payton and Vic as well as be available for some meaningful minutes should we need him.

I'm curious as to why Ronnie Price didn't fit that role. Solid veteran who seemed to be a good team guy last season. A cheap contract as well. Unless we need to spend more money on someone else to get to the salary cap minimum?

Nearly 16m a year for Gordon Hayward... There are no words...

The Magic saw these deals coming down the pipe - hence taking a shot at a guy like Ben Gordon on a harmless contract. Rather roll the dice that a vet regains his old form at 31 (not that old for a shooter) and delivers on a cheap deal then sacrifice future flexibility for Parsons or Hayward.

This is why the Frye and Gordon deals make sense to me. They simply are not that bad at all in this over-spending market.

It will be a slightly bigger pain, as I'm sure Utah will wait the entire allotted time they have before matching the deal, making sure to tie up that money for the Bobcats as long as possible as a "thank-you" for offering him a max contract. Parsons might be off the table by then.

Well then I suppose they can wait the less than 72 hours that is remaining..... Problem with that, is everyone else is waiting for Lebron, Melo and Bosh..... The longer those guys wait the better in this scenario for Charlotte to keep Hayward.

Well then I suppose they can wait the less than 72 hours that is remaining..... Problem with that, is everyone else is waiting for Lebron, Melo and Bosh..... The longer those guys wait the better in this scenario for Charlotte to keep Hayward.

It's 7 days once he signs the offer sheet, isn't it? He couldn't have signed it earlier than yesterday.

It's 7 days once he signs the offer sheet, isn't it? He couldn't have signed it earlier than yesterday.

They shortened it to 3 days with the last CBA

The Magic saw these deals coming down the pipe - hence taking a shot at a guy like Ben Gordon on a harmless contract. Rather roll the dice that a vet regains his old form at 31 (not that old for a shooter) and delivers on a cheap deal then sacrifice future flexibility for Parsons or Hayward.

This is why the Frye and Gordon deals make sense to me. They simply are not that bad at all in this over-spending market.

I support the Frye signing after seeing what the market is doing but I still don't like the Gordon deal. Never been a fan of his but at least it is only one year so he can be jettisoned easily if needed.