Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2014 Free Agency Watch Thread

I'd love, love, love to get Parsons !....He would fit this team perfectly !....Just don't see Henny doing anything.

Could depend on what happens with Melo.

I was thinking about this yesterday, what does Miami do if Lebron/Bosh/Wade all leave? How do they even fill that team out? In that scenario there's no way Deng/Gasol/Melo sign there. They would possibly be forced into fielding the absolute worst team in NBA history, all third tier free agents or undrafted rookies. How would they ever get to the cap floor? I truly hope those three guys leave for this reason, what a nightmare that would become for Riley.

i do think that wade comes back.

Melo needs to make his decision soon (and he was supposedly going to make it this weekend). Nobody is going anywhere until he decides.

I agree, I don't see him leaving. Just thinking over the scenarios, all three leaving would be catastrophic for Miami. They'd be forced to fill almost their entire team with one FA class, that's never been done before. I hope it happens :)/>

It would be interesting to see what they would do if the big three left. Would they try to rebuild on the fly? Or would they rebuild through the draft?

I think Melo is deciding between LA and NYC. At least I heard that last night when I was out. Summer league in town, lots of good folks to chat with about these things.

I was thinking about this yesterday, what does Miami do if Lebron/Bosh/Wade all leave? How do they even fill that team out? In that scenario there's no way Deng/Gasol/Melo sign there. They would possibly be forced into fielding the absolute worst team in NBA history, all third tier free agents or undrafted rookies. How would they ever get to the cap floor? I truly hope those three guys leave for this reason, what a nightmare that would become for Riley.

That would be HILARIOUS

I think Melo is deciding between LA and NYC. At least I heard that last night when I was out. Summer league in town, lots of good folks to chat with about these things.

It's funny that players keep passing on Chicago. Great city, great coach, a solid group of players including a pg that might still be a superstar. It's a perfect fit for Melo. I don't get it.

It's funny that players keep passing on Chicago. Great city, great coach, a solid group of players including a pg that might still be a superstar. It's a perfect fit for Melo. I don't get it.

It is a great fit and I doubt its totally out of the equation. Its just that Melo is thinking about lifestyle as much as basketball. His wife is in music and has a lot of say in his decision.

On paper it could be a great fit. Their HC is one of the best at creating defensive schemes, and should be able to hide Melo's weaknesses. In Rose and Noah they have two stars to pair with Melo. However, the issue is Rose and Noah have both had injury woes, and he'd also not be the leading man any more. In New York it is his team. So that might appeal. But if he's chasing a ring Chicago would be a good option.

Personally I'm surprised Dallas doesn't get more consideration...

Ric Bucher ‏@RicBucher 26m

Ws could've dealt HBarnes to Orl for Arron Afflalo + future 1st, source says. Passed. AA would've eased losing Klay in KLove deal.