Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2014 Free Agency Watch Thread

Yeah I don't see why people are so bent on signing someone this year who really aren't going to elevate us that high anyways. If Bledsoe wants to sign here for a decent salary, then yeah but other then that, getting frustrated on role players or bench players is not worth it. I say keep our eyes on the big prize which is Durant or some sort of trade throughout the year.

For me, I'm more wondering why let Jameer and/or Afflalo go for cap reasons now when we aren't planning to spend anything major until next summer anyhow?

• Upvote 2

For me, I'm more wondering why let Jameer and/or Afflalo go for cap reasons now when we aren't planning to spend anything major until next summer anyhow?

Thank you! Both of these moves seemed to be primarily to open up cap space now versus later. You don't do that unless you have a planned need for the space.

• Upvote 1

If Rob Hennigan has taught me anything, it's that I don't believe anything I read in regards to moves the magic are going to make.

• Upvote 2

Afflalo was getting in the way of our young guns

Afflalo was getting in the way of our young guns

That explains why you trade him, it doesn't explain why you let him go for what most agree was less than even value.

That explains why you trade him, it doesn't explain why you let him go for what most agree was less than even value.

Haha. I can see Henny now: "Let's trade Aaron for poor value. Who's with me?" Come on now

Marc J. Spears @SpearsNBAYahoo · 4h

Wizards interested in bringing free agent point guard Garrett Temple back, source said, but Miami, Orlando, Chicago also expressed interest.

How is a promising 21 year old on an expiring who can initiate offense and catch fire as a shooter, plus a draft pick, plus not taking back contracts, plus freeing up ~6 or 7 mm what "most agree is less than even value"?