Sign in to follow this  
30Assists

Magic vs Pacers 10/29/13

[no one's done one, yet? Fine - I'll do it. If someone else already grabbed this one, mods, feel free to delete; don't want to step on any toes]

The Pacers and the Magic landed the first game of the NBA season. This is going to be the story of two teams on different rungs of the ladder. The Pacers have been making the playoffs the last few years and are trying to make the next leap (ie. get past the Heat and represent the East). They fell one game shy of 50 wins last year and look to continue that success this year.

The Magic...well, we all know what the Magic are doing this year. But this year will mark our 25th season in existence! Yes, you bunch of old-timers: IT'S BEEN THAT LONG.

This one will be in Pacer-ville, where the Pacers have been pretty good the last few years.

Game info here:

http://www.nba.com/games/20131029/ORLIND/gameinfo.html?ls=slt

Watch it by having League Pass or googling "NBA games for free" and praying you don't get computer herpes.

With that out of the way? LET'S GO MAGIC!!!!!!!

orlandomagic.gif

Yooooouuuuuur Orlando Magic (projected starters):

jameer_nelson.jpg

Jameer Nelson!

20121102__nuggets1~p1.jpg

Arron Afflalo!

8339309678_1d5cd66465_z.jpg

Maurice Harkless!

media_6856edae2d374cd5a6ef8c7fd5401a52_t607.jpg

Kyle O'Quinn!

hi-res-185339773-nikola-vucevic-of-the-orlando-magic-dunks-against-the_crop_north.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

Nikola Vučević! (pronounced "NIH-cola vu-CZE-vik" [corrected by a russian friend of mine])

All eyes will be on bench rookie Victor Oladipo, who will be mentored by 'Meer throughout the season. A wing in college, we're going to run him at PG this season "for reasons."

Injuries: Big Baby's still out, Lamb's got a sprained ankle, as does Harris (but he's listed as "doubtful").

Oh, and we're playing these chumps or something:

20130603_ajl_su8_105.0_standard_352.0.jpg

(starting lineup of Paul George - F; David West - F; Roy Hibbert - C; Lance Stephenson - G; and George Hill - G)

• Upvote 3

We bring back the ghost of Chris Duhon and win 97-96.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-18509-1335710527-1.gif

Honestly, this one's projected as a blowout, but I'm betting the Magic at least scare the mighty Pacers. I'm thinking this one will be pretty close, as will most games this year (at least until our guys start getting dejected and tired of losing by 2-5 points).

My heart says 89-85 Magic, with gobs of horrific shooting, but my head says 78-102 Pacers.

I think it will be a lot like last year where we are super competitive in the first half, fall apart in the third, come back in the 4th only to fall just short.

• Upvote 2

O'Quinn starting? Ewww

I can't believe how unexcited I am for this season. Not necessarily because I know we won't win very many games, just more that I'm already looking to the draft and the season hasn't even started. I am dying for us to get that difference maker to get us back on the map. I'm intrigued to see how the young guys (mainly Oladipo) look tonight.

David West is going to have a field day against our PF's :svgsad:

1st game on the way to a top 5 pick :tongue: :shard: :tongue: