Sign in to follow this  
30Assists

2013 - 2014 Regular Season Thread

2 straight blowout wins is impressive! When is the last time the Magic did that?

Like I said some messages before, last time was in december 2012, however weren't blowout wins...:)

Oladipo is a warm sight. He attacks the basket, something I haven't seen in some time at Orlando. He has been getting blocked quite often but I love the effort, he is a rookie after all.

No idea what we are going to do with BBD when he returns. I don't think he fits

Kinda scares me that we might actually be a mediocre team this year and miss out on some crazy talent in the draft...

Violet Palmer is a horrible, horrible referee.

The GF was talking trash about her all night long.

Guys bare with me......I don't think we'll be awful.

Oladipo, Afflalo and Harkless on the perimeter gives us some defensively capable players, they can create turnovers and spring transition.

Vucci is locking down the glass and his defense has gotten better, ditto for Nicholson who has clearly added muscle

We should be 3-1 and Tobes hasn't even played.

1 thing is certain, there is no role for BBD on this team, the offense is unselfish he will shoot us out of games.

I kinda agree.. or perhaps Minnesota is better than people think, AND Brooklyn isn't as good as people think they'll be. At least, not yet. (New Orleans is plain bad, aside from Davis) But seriously, Isn't shooting us out of games enough of a reason to rush him back? :shard:

LOL but I second the notion.. not enough room at PF between Nicholson, Tobias, and Big Baby. Unless Harkless & Harris split time at SF, but that's not ideal at all.

No need to rush Harris back, but it's becoming more important to trade Big Baby than even Afflalo at this point. Both should have good value around the league.

Powerful women can be intimidating... especially when dressed in polyester v-necks and high-rise suit pants.

It really doesn't feel like the regular season without them.

I can remeber when members were fighting for the opportunity and position to post one! Most where all done in good taste!!! Is that the problem????

I can remeber when members were fighting for the opportunity and position to post one! Most where all done in good taste!!! Is that the problem????

I hear the Chinese counterpart of our board is rolling GTs out more efficiently than ever.

Oladipo is a warm sight. He attacks the basket, something I haven't seen in some time at Orlando. He has been getting blocked quite often but I love the effort, he is a rookie after all.

No idea what we are going to do with BBD when he returns. I don't think he fits

Kinda scares me that we might actually be a mediocre team this year and miss out on some crazy talent in the draft...

Judging from the first week of the season it's going to be very hard to out-tank Boston. Maybe Utah.

LOL but I second the notion.. not enough room at PF between Nicholson, Tobias, and Big Baby. Unless Harkless & Harris split time at SF, but that's not ideal at all.

No need to rush Harris back, but it's becoming more important to trade Big Baby than even Afflalo at this point. Both should have good value around the league.

Trading Davis will indeed free up floor time at the 4 but I don't understand why people think Harris should play the 4 but for short stretches at the most. He is going to have trouble at that position if he is expected to be there long term and IMO it's a terrible idea to tell a tweener like him to add weight. It won't change his height, but it will certainly change his vertical ability in a negative way. He doesn't have the post game to utilize extra weight at this point. Are we trying to turn him into Paul Millsap? His strength is his relative mobility for his size and skillset. Forget about what extra weight does to people with chronic ankle issues. Small sample size but last year the team had its highest win% with him at the 3, and his opponents PER was lowest at the 3. Granted he would attract more attention this time around so lets see how he progresses. I suspect what you see is what you get from him.

I suggest keeping him at the three where he can put up big numbers then package him for future considerations with the 2014 target being a dynamic wing moving forward. Mo will be the 6th man and play alongside dynamic wing while Oladipo runs the ship. Vuc and Nic can hold down the front court if our backcourt D is what I think it will be. Use vets to get more picks/young talent to provide young front court depth and a backup pg that can defend and hit the three.