Sign in to follow this  
Zara

Ryno's personal tragedy

"This is a topic that is not talked about enough and it is a huge problem," Anderson continued. "Let's be honest here. We live in a society now where you've got to live up to something, you've got to be a certain person and you're not (always) going to be accepted. Every single person has something special about them. That's what I want to be my goal here."

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/09/30/pelicans-anderson.ap/index.html

I had no idea. Wow...

It's sad to see him try to rationalize it to coincide with his religion. What a terrible thing to happen, though, and I wish the best for him and the girl's family.

It's sad to see him try to rationalize it to coincide with his religion. What a terrible thing to happen, though, and I wish the best for him and the girl's family.

Um... I don't want to get into a debate or anything, but I feel it should be said that "everything happens for a reason" is not a doctrine of any historical faith. It's a very modern western concept.

Either way, this is a very sad story and I am glad to see that Ryan has reacted in this way (starting a help foundation). Hopefully many lives will be changed for the positive through it.

Um... I don't want to get into a debate or anything, but I feel it should be said that "everything happens for a reason" is not a doctrine of any historical faith. It's a very modern western concept.

Why do I even bother? Back to basketball. My apologies.