Sign in to follow this  
~O~

Getting Use To Losing

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Funny you should mention this! I just commented in the game thread that I wonder how long before casual fans just stop caring/watching(not saying you are a casual fan O-dub). It's frustrating to follow and team and watch them crumble time and again, if I were part of ticket sales, I would worry a great deal that if the team stops caring about playing hard that the casual fans will stop caring as well.

I would guess that does not include most of us on this board. I think we will probably follow this team till the bitter end, but the casual fan or bandwagoner has money that spends just like ours.

Personally, it's starting to get to the point where I am pleasantly surprised by wins and not at all shocked when we lose. I really hate this feeling.

Tell you what might change things fast, Marc. Put out some of the guys that haven't been used much lately. Put out some different combinations. Let Diener play with Redick and generate some offense......and give them some real minutes together and a few games to see if it works. Give Augustine a try. Give the geezers and/or ineffective players a little less time.

Could we do any worse with this approach than we're doing now? The question answers itself. And the plus would be that it has the potential to generate renewed enthusiasm from a fan base which is becoming rapidly demoralized.

It's not only the casual fans who are losing interest. Even many of us who consider ourselves strong Magic fans are having trouble enjoying the Magic right now. It's just frustrating to watch them play the same lousy basketball again and again, while believing that with some very doable adjustments the same team could be winning and could be fun to watch. I mean how many times can you shout at your TV before you say enough is enough, and stop watching?

I don't enjoy watching the games lately, it's not any fun, I keep doing it because 1. I keep hoping to see a win, it's such a rare thing lately that it's kinda like running around in the woods and hoping to see Sasquatch. 2.I think I need mental help.

JJZ are you suggesting that if we have certain players that are not playing their hardest, that our coach should "wake them up" by sitting their butts? Why that's pure madness!

Maybe he feels like he has no one playing hard, to which I say either find all new players (dumb idea) or find someone that everyone has not tuned out. He's lost this team.

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

Lets go ping pong balls......... Lets go ping pong balls...........

Better make sure whoever we pick (if we have a pick that is) has a wide variety of suits. Who needs ticket sales when we can generate millions cranking out models and advertising for The Mens Warehouse. Your gonna like the way your rookies look, I guarentee it.

Nobody likes a loser. I didn't even listen to the game tonight. They were down from the beginning and all looked the same. I am a big fan but I refuse to watch this team go through the motions. I get better things I can do. BTW the Heat won again and I sure as hell am rooting for them to keep winning. We need some representation here in florida.

I have been a fan since 1989. I have been through the expansion years, the glory years and now what seems like forever the rebuilding years.

I truly thought, even before the season started that we would finally bring ourselves out of this mediocrity that has been surrounding the team for years and really make a little bit of noise.

What is so frustrating for me personally is while yes we have had some injuries and that certainly hurts, this is the SAME exact team that finished so strong last year and started so strong this year. I have tried and tried to figure out what happend that led to us losing 21 or our last 28 games (or whatever it is), and have not been able to figure it out.

Not only has this had a disastrous effect on our season this year but this downslide could affect us going into next year as well. With such a young team, a slide like this obviously is not good for the confidence level. It seems as if we are bent on destroying what Otis Smith claims is his Master Plan.

Amazingly, the Magic still have a shot at the playoffs. I will always stand by this team and I truly would like them to at least get a taste of the playoffs, not so much for this year...but also for next year as well.

If we again fail to qualify for the post-season, especially with how weak the Eastern Conference is...then I truly believe big changes need to be made.

When I see the results this team is getting, I think of the Mavs.

During the 90s the Mavs had so many great players on their team, and they never won anything. I remember Nowitzki playing for them and I never thought he would become what he is now.

So what I'm saying is, it's just a matter of time.

Of course, it is easier for me to say so when I'm following the team from Uruguay, and don't suffer this slide live.

I actually enjoyed watching the 21-61 team more than watching this team back peddel for the last 3 months. It's sad seeing so much potential go to waste because of a coach that can't gameplan, make adjustments,substitute players properly, and has no ablility to motivate his players.

Despite bad coaching, I still believe that the individual skills of the players are still developing (specially Howard's, Darko's and Ariza's). You just can't say that this three players haven't improved a lot during the season. Regretfully, as a team, we are playing worse than ever, but you just know that the players are still improving, and it's a matter of changing strategies for this team to get better.

we need to sign bobby knight in the off season to beat and slap the f*ck out of our guys and get some god dam hustle and heart out on the court...i find it quite funny how everyone emphasizes talent so much, while i agree with our talent we should definitely be a 5-8 seed in an absolute god aweful eastern conference, but what about hustle, hustle alone can and will beat talent on most day. like the old saying ...it's not the size of the dog in the fight but the amount of fight in the dog

jerry sloan has to be the greatest coach of all time for instilling this philosophy and making his players believe